Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrade Low Profile Video Card

• Please log in to reply

anoobrew

anoobrew

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
Graphics w/ a 7800 GT

screen002.jpg screen005.jpg

had to downsize due to space limits. BF2 on high is so awesome

sorry for highjaking

Edited by anoobrew, 20 December 2005 - 06:16 PM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
noy a patch on quake 4 or the new enemy territory though. Doesnt look as good as far cry ot hL2 either.

anoobrew

anoobrew

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
For obvious reasons, if they made BF2 more graphically advanced than HL2 or FarCry no one could play it, It would be too much work for computers to handle that much detail. BF2 maps are huge and require much more power

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The new quake 4 enemy territory looks better than quake4 and uses less system resources and the maps are even bigger than BF2.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Do you mean Enemy Territory: Quake wars??

Thats what its going to be called in the usa I think

This what your talking about??

http://www.gamespot....wars/index.html

Naz-T

Naz-T

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
ooohhh thats nice!!!!! want it!! :tazz:

anoobrew

anoobrew

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
I havent played Quake 4 but its hard to beleive that the maps are bigger than BF2, maybe bigger than 16 player maps but 64?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well i dont play quake 4 online so i dont know how big the maps are the SP maps on outdoor level are big, but the new enemy territory game has maps that have no fog and apparently can handle over a 10 players over a map several square kilometers.

Ive seen some good screenies of it(a UK game so our magazines have better access) they have developed a new texture compression process called mega textures which lets them compress 6 gigs of texture into 8megs of video memory and all the maps textures are located on a ingle large texture giving it the baility to have such massive and incredibly pretty maps, it is the best looking game ever made and its not even released yet.

Jan 6 goin to buy my copy of it.

And dud you need to play quake 4 its excellent, kick [bleep] gfx as well much better game than doom3 was.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
yeah I have quake 4 from a friend but I cant play online.