Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Sound

• Please log in to reply

Nicola

Nicola

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Have just followed all your instructions for Mallware Removal and now have no sound on my computer when trying to listen to music, and when my daughter tries to play on her dora explorer disks.

Can hear buzzing from the speakers though.

Any ideas.

Advertisements

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
hi,
did you reinstall windows or run a windows repeair. if so your sound driver was probably deleted because it was not a signed driver. go to My computer>control panle> system> hardware>Device manager.
then look for a yellow exlamation piont, red x or qestion mark. for all of those x's and ?'s and !'s you see those are devices like a sound card without a drvier. if your computer is a manufactured computer you should have a series of disks that came with it and the drivers will be there. if you dont you will have to find the driver on the internet.

Bob :tazz:

Edited by bobthemailman, 12 January 2006 - 06:19 AM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Are the speakers plugged in to the right socket on the back? The correct socket in labelled line out and is green.
Is the volume on the PC muted?

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 12 January 2006 - 08:30 AM.

Nicola

Nicola

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Managed to sort out the sound problem, connection was not in fully on the back of my base unit (sorry but that's how thick/stupid I am when it comes to computers.

Sorry 4 wasting your time.

Thanks

Nicola.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Don't worry about it i've done that before!

Glad you got it working!