125 replies to this topic

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Xtremepayne,

Thanks for posting and letting us know, and thanks for the referrals. :)

Advertisements

paulisded

paulisded

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I somehow was infected by Virtumonde a couple of nights ago, and after two frustrating days I seem to have rid myself of it...except for one problem. Any process that's opened causes the following error to pop up:

Posted Image

Everything runs fine; I just have to get rid of this box. This is especially annoying while booting up the laptop, since I get one of these for each of my startup processes. What's especially frustrating is that the lamufute.dll file it references is nowhere to be found. Help!!!

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Twanderson

Twanderson

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have detected it with spysweeper. But when i go to quarantine it my computer freezes every time. Help!

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Johnny Tootall

Johnny Tootall

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
man I love VundoFix. It is a very good program.

Mariann

Mariann

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have had a virus for about 3 weeks now I delete it and it comes back im not what it is attached to I have went through my files and everything it is called win32.Tdss.c any hel please :)

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

ekgraider

ekgraider

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
This is my fourth time writing this questions because winfighter keeps redirecting me. I ran Vundo.fix but it detecting no problems. Please advise of what my next step should be. I have tried f-prot,ad aware with no luck. PLEASE HELP!

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

Advertisements

ekgraider

ekgraider

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
thank you however I cant complete the second step in the process you directed to me too.It says to run this application I need to install the following version of .NETframwork v.2.0.50727 contact application publisher for insructions for obtaining the appropriate version of .NETframework

Can I skip that step or do I have to do something different? Thanks again for the help

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
You can skip that step.

jackie102

jackie102

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I believe I have Virtumonde on my computer. I tried Vundofix and Virtumundobegone. And I also used Spybot, which picks it up every time I run the scan, but soes not completely remove it. If you could help me I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

Panchan

Panchan

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi I am new to this forum!

My SpyDoctor program informed me I was infected with Trojan.Vundo but since the Security Tool virus thing is also plaguing me I can't open other programs that aren't web browsers or documents. I was able to run Vundofix but it didn't detect the Trojan. :)

Please Help me :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.