Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best internet browser for Macintosh?

• Please log in to reply

mycompsux

mycompsux

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
What internet browser do you recommend for a Mac user?

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
I would recommend Firefox, but it seems that you are against that.

The Firefox myths is amusing though. Just look at the system requirements. If you think that you can do much of anything with Windoze XP and 16Mb of memory, good luck!!! I can say unrealistic requirements which don't work or I can say what is really needed for good performance. Firefox does not take 54Mb of disk, but I would guess that they say that since you need space for the cache, whereas IE only lists what is needed to install it.

Please try running IE on the minimum system, min CPU (which is much higher than Firefox), min disk, min memory and see what happens.

BTW, you should follow the sources for the "myths" and see the reality. Some details are also quite interesting and fail to understand some important facts, such as M$ tries to make web pages that only IE can work with so that people are forced to use it (User Agent Switcher deals with some of the issues :-). In the case of M$ and IE, I think Nancy Reagan had it right, just say NO!

Edited by Kemasa, 14 January 2006 - 11:54 PM.

mycompsux

mycompsux

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Thanks for your reply. My dad is already using Firefox for his Mac and so I shall leave it at that. Thanks again.

Edited by mycompsux, 15 January 2006 - 12:06 PM.

aldaros23

aldaros23

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
safari, the base-installed software is also a good platform... very little virus and/or pop ups using this...