Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Could it be causing serious damage to the computer

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi everyone. Bought a new webcam yesterday and it's been playing up on my new computer since. I turned off the "Automatic Reboot" as advised and took a photo of the blue screen before rebooting the computer.

And when it comes back I log on to my account it says the computer just recovered from a serious error.

I don't understand how a new (web) camera (XP compatible) with drivers provided both by XP and the manufacturer could cause problems like this.

And everytime the blue screen comes up with the reboot DOES IT ACTUALLY DO PHYSCIAL DAMAGE TO MY NEW COMPUTER?

Upset...

Thank you guys

PS - the new camera it's causing reboots everytime I start a video conferencing application and start sending video... last night when I checked under Device Manager there was this corrupted sign but now there's nothing, not even a driver for the camera but it's still causing the problem.

Edited by chinofeliz, 20 January 2006 - 06:42 PM.

Advertisements