Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton System Works 2006

• Please log in to reply

SJSCHOO

SJSCHOO

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Hey its like 1030 at night and I'm cleaning this guys machine of errors and malware stuff etc.. anyway every time the computer starts up his NSW 06 says the repair is disabled asks to reinstall, so he's got all the needed files to install it on his desktop but I know I'm gonna need the cd-key to activate it but its no where in the files. Is there something out there that will let me see the key?

Now you ask, why not just wait and call him in the morning, because he'll be picking it up in the morning on my day off so I reeeeeeeally want to finish it tonight and this is stoping me from getting a good nights rest. Any ideas?

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Hi SJSCHOO. Welcome back to GTG. Although, we understand your need for assistance, I have looked over many of your posts and it seems that many of the questions you are asking are for clients or for your business. Although, we provide assistance to a limited degree to professionals, we are not a service to help professionals do their job on a consistant basis.

Please read our Terms of Use. HERE

Here is an excerpt:

We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.

I hope you understand. We can always use some good helpers at GTG. If you would like to become a member of GeekU, please look in my sig. for details. :tazz:

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Ask the owner of the PC what the serial number is he/she must have it somewhere.

SJSCHOO

SJSCHOO

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Ask the owner of the PC what the serial number is he/she must have it somewhere.

It seems that you dont need the key after its been installed once, the registry info is retained

And I did put in my application to Geek U, I hope I can help with some info, I know I'm not as good as you guys but like I said hopefully I can help