Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Faulty Email

• Please log in to reply

ahuu

ahuu

• Pip
  • 9 posts
When i send an email (outlook express) two identical ones are recieved at the other end.could anyone tell me why please?

Edited by ahuu, 12 February 2006 - 11:34 AM.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Hello and welcome to geeks to go,
when you say that two identical ones are recieved are you meaning that they are in the sent folder?
James

ahuu

ahuu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hello thanks for the welcome

no i mean people recieve 2 identical emails at the same time,only 1 shows up in my sent folder

=================There are no failures only lessons===============

Edited by ahuu, 12 February 2006 - 01:30 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
could be caused by your firewall, similar things happen on this forum. I'll look around for a fix then get back to you.
James

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
just out of curiosity how many firewalls do you have running at once?
James

ahuu

ahuu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Sorry mate, i was typing in people,s email address in cc instead of a name, my only excuse is this is only my third day doing this stuff.

Thanks heaps for helping James

Edited by ahuu, 12 February 2006 - 09:49 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
np, we all make mistakes. Glade wou where able to figure out the problem.
James

Edited by james_8970, 13 February 2006 - 06:37 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Sorry mate, i was typing in people,s email address in cc instead of a name, my only excuse is this is only my third day doing this stuff.

Thanks heaps for helping James

the CC portion is for Carbon Copy...for when you want to send multiple people the same email...but in such a way as to send it primarily to one person...but also send a copy to someone else...sort of like manager's sending an email to an employee about something they've done wrong...the manager would send the email to the employee...and cc a copy to their supervisor so that they can review the mail as well

bcc works the same...except the primary recipient doesn't get notified of the BCC...as far as they know...they are the only people who got the email...

unless you're trying to do this...there should be nothing in the CC or BCC area

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
ya i think he relizes it now. Also in e-mail, putting a "," then a space after each e-mail works just as well as CC however i find using the "," in the first bar easier to use.
Just something to think about.
Hope all is working well now, if not send an e-mail back.
James

Also just adding to what dsenette said, if you wondering what BCC stands for its "Blind Carbon Copie".

Edited by james_8970, 14 February 2006 - 03:36 PM.