Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Add Remove Programs [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

drummerwithnojive

drummerwithnojive

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
This is a really quick question, I couldnt find a topic related to this so im just posting it here.

Posted Image

is it ok to delete these updates from my add remove programs to save space?

one more thing how do i get rid of this

Posted Image

as you can see there is no buttons to remove it

Edited by drummerwithnojive, 13 February 2006 - 09:37 PM.

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Please post in the appropriate board/forum next time as this does not really relate to malware...except maybe the last part on MyWay.

I think those two are Java 1.5.0 updates...so uninstall 1.4.2 (the third one you have there). Try uninstalling Update 2 also and see if it's ok with just Update 6. It should be ok. But if not, uninstall everything Java related. Restart and install Java 1.5.0 again. Check for updates and it should take care of the rest from there.

For MyWay, is this a Dell machine? ONLY do this if it's a Dell machine (see below in RED):

* Click Start->Run
* Type in MsiExec.exe /X{78d944d7-a97b-4004-ab0a-b5ad06839940}
* Click OK
* Follow the prompts to remove MyWay

If it's not a Dell machine, then just go into HijackThis->Config->Misc Tools->Open Uninstall Manager. Look for MyWay and click on it. Then click on the Delete this entry button.

drummerwithnojive

drummerwithnojive

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
alright thank you, and sorry for the unrelated topic post

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Any other problems before we close this topic up? :tazz:

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :whistling:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.