Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! GeForce FX 5500 128mb PCI

• Please log in to reply

joeneaves2005

joeneaves2005

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey,
I am new here. I have been browsing the web for solutions, but I have not been able to find any. nVIDIA themselves haven't been very helpful either. Now, i Just purchased a brand new nVIDIA, bla bla bla, described in title, and for some reasons i have dual screens. i don't have two screens....i plug my monitor into my video card, and i see the task bar, however, wheni move my mouse to the left, it drifts away, so i switch my monitor to the onboard port, and i see my icons, and my mouse. sometimes, when i open a window, it will open up on the other side. so. thats not good. i need some assistance. i have messed with all the configuration options and i have not beena ble to track anything down. if you could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Joe :tazz:

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
You need to enter the BIOS and disable the onboard video. Hope that this helps.