Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All My Games Will Not Work...

• Please log in to reply

Sam-1990

Sam-1990

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello Guys,
Recently i have been having problems with playing games on my computer, it happened once before but i updated my graphics card and everything seemed to be fine. But know it seems to be back.

I Installed a game demo ( bloodrayne2 ) which i have no uninstalled. And after a few days of messing around with the game it started to crash to just a blue screen, no error message or anything, this then caused me to restart my computer. Then i realised it was not just this game it was also any other games i have on my computer.

So i decided to try update sound card & graphics card = No avail
Then i uninstalled both and re-installed latest drivers = No avail
Tried unoffical graphics card drivers (www.omegadrivers.net ) = No avail

All that the above did was cut down the time i had to play on games, before i would get 10-15 minutes gameplay before it crashed. Now its almost instant as the game is loaded it crash's.

What can i do !? Please dont make this a hardware problem as ive had alot of problems before and my computers been running perfectly for 4-6 months since it was built and i ironed out all small problems.

Also, i dont know if this will help but everytime my game crashed i looked at event viewer to find on nearly 100% of all the crash's the problems was this :

Posted Image

I asked it to search microsoft for help with this problem, but it didnt find anything.

Anyway, you'll probably need to no my computer specs:

Shuttle SN25P
Windows XP Pro SP2
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.00Ghz
1GB of corsair professional pc3200 RAM
40GBHDD
Radeon X800 GTO 256mb

Thank you for any help you can give...

Advertisements

Sam-1990

Sam-1990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
UPDATE : I tried to play a game exiting, MSN, ATI TRAY, ENVY sound, which are background tasks in the task bar. I had thought this had fixed the problem. But soon after 30 minutes i realised it had not.

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Try disableing sound acceleration for DirectX. Got to start>run type dxdiag and under the sound tab disable sound accleration