Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Processor Help

• Please log in to reply

ash1989

ash1989

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I know intel are more expensive. Not by that much from the place i was getting them from. so, no, its not really much money going down the drain.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well they are always more expensive at lower ends the price difference is 50 - 70 quid depending if its the latest core, and as you go up the price difference can extent to several hundred pounds.

Hammm

Hammm

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
right point, the top single cores for Intel and AMD differ by over 300USD over in NZ

richy779

richy779

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
what would be the best processor for a laptop? because im planing to buy a AMD brand because I have an intel one and I just want to know which processor is the best.. maybe u guys can suggest brands.. and models.. thnx

Hammm

Hammm

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Pentium M is the best for single core, they have the best support. Turion has better preformance but consumes more power, Intel Duo are quite good as well, they actually better Pentium Ds