Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing file to fully install GVA drivers

• Please log in to reply

Shuh

Shuh

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi, I recently purchased a custom made computer ty to the help of many ppl but moslty Troy(<3). You guys really helped me out =)

For my graphic card. wich is a (click link:: http://www.sohodiffu...it.asp?num=9655 )
Name of card: ASUS EAH4870/HTDI/512M RADEON HD4870 512M-DDR5 256BIT DUAL DVI-I HDMI HDTV PCI-E 2.0

And when i run the setup driver/utilities disk... running utilities is fine however drivers...itll install until , almost at the end... i see this message and thus the install stops.
this message says it cannot find a file... and also.. this message also pops if i want to run the Cpontrol center to you know.. control my graphic card's capacities...

here is link to image(mod'ed screenshot) of the message:
Posted Image
Posted Image

(if picture doesnt load: direct link here: http://img111.images...easusvgarp1.jpg

So basically.. what can I dpo to fix this issue and so i can fully install drivers and futur drivers and access to Control center? =)

note: i dont know if its anything special but i have 2 ProgramFile files. a normal ProgramFiles and a ProgramFiles(x86)... so far most stuff installs on the x86 one. Im guessing its normal.

-Shuh

Note: Link to the post showing what I purchased: http://www.geekstogo...ld-t209106.html

Edited by Shuh, 19 September 2008 - 08:08 PM.

Advertisements

Shuh

Shuh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
when i open the SmartDoctor it closes after 4seconds

and my game.. warhammr online.. crashes like every hour for no reason.

Shuh

Shuh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
i tried installing newest drivers

thats the messages i got

Posted Image
Posted Image

direct link to image: http://img264.images...rsdontwohq1.jpg

-Shuh

seriously. tell me if im in the wrong section. i dont want to double post. id really like an answer to my question... any help would be really appreciated =<

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
According to this: http://social.msdn.m...04-96bb84d424b1 , there is some conflict between ATI Catalyst Control Center (CCC), and NET Framework 2.0.
First, make sure, you uninstall current video driver, before installing new one.
Secondly, try to uninstall new driver, but opt out for CCC.

Shuh

Shuh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

According to this: http://social.msdn.m...04-96bb84d424b1 , there is some conflict between ATI Catalyst Control Center (CCC), and NET Framework 2.0.
First, make sure, you uninstall current video driver, before installing new one.
Secondly, try to uninstall new driver, but opt out for CCC.

I do not do anything with .NET Framework?
So I uninstall every graphic card drivers. than. I reinstall them. without CCC?
what does "opt" stand for?

This is a fresh 4 day old computer. <---not so helpfull info

If I just uninstall drivers and reinstall them, wont it do the same problem when I reinstalling them?
How can I reinstall the .NET Framework? and what will happen to my files in Program files?

----
Another thing.. not sure its good...

I run with 2 screens. 1 not-widescreen 2year old lcd viewsonic (that however is freaking set as Screen no1 and i cant change it... <doesnt have the installation cd atm>)[want to set it as 2nd screen] and the 1 (22inch samsung farely recent 2ms 20000:1 contrast lcd..... wich is freaking set as screen no2 ((but runs as main monitor)) <have cd and is installed>) [want to set as first screen]...
well... they are used by my graphic card as Generic PnP Monitor on ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series. both of them...

Edited by Shuh, 19 September 2008 - 10:42 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Reinstall means uninstall current driver, then install fresh one.
Opt out means, that during ATI driver installation, you'll be asked, if you want to install Catalyst Control Center. Say no.
Try that, first. Don't worry about NET for now.

what will happen to my files in Program files?

??

Shuh

Shuh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
yeah. nvm for the files.. hahaha

and i edited previous post

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
One thing at a time, please. Let's try to fix the error, first.

Shuh

Shuh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image

direct link: http://img406.images...programszm8.jpg

shgould i remove the microsolf visual c++ ??

im guessing not. but just asking

and so i uninstall the ATI catalyst install manager?

edit: when i click on the ATI catalyst intall manager. it doesnt give me an Uninstall option. only change or repair...
should i use a program to clean drivers? if so, any names of free programs?
edit2: nvm.. theres an unintsall option in the install.

Edited by Shuh, 19 September 2008 - 10:53 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

shgould i remove the microsolf visual c++ ??

No.

i uninstall the ATI catalyst install manager?

Yes.

Advertisements

Shuh

Shuh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
alright i uninstalled everything and I got the error message twice during that time.. until it uninstalled the CCC than the messages didnt pop and uninstall was complete and fully removed all files.

must i restarted like they said or reinstall without installing CCC without a restart?

edit: i restarted and now. Should i install CD drivers (without CCC) or install the latest drivers (that do not contain CCC) (part1 = no CCC, part2=CCC+etc)
edit2: will install new drivers

Edited by Shuh, 19 September 2008 - 11:06 PM.

Shuh

Shuh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
installed the drivers fine. whats next?

edit:

the link you gave me. This guy says:

For what it's worth, if you install both .net 1.1 and 2.0 then the Catalyst Control Centre will install and run without any problems.

A>

So id install 1.1, 2.0 and than CCC?
Waiting for an answer.

Edit: or....

I have seen on several forums that people who were encountering this issue all installed a version of the ATI Catalyst drivers. If you have a ATI graphics card try upgrading the graphics drivers otherwise try reinstalling the .NET Framework.

I DLed the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)
Waiting for a reply before I do something.

Edited by Shuh, 20 September 2008 - 12:56 AM.

Shuh

Shuh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
This is probably useless but o well...

Posted Image
Posted Image

direct link: http://img262.images...nothingrim7.jpg

When nothing runs(or almost). This is talk manager Screenshot.

Edited by Shuh, 20 September 2008 - 01:05 AM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

installed the drivers fine

Without errors?

Shuh

Shuh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

installed the drivers fine

Without errors?

Yes, why? Fully installed, no errors, no problem.

Only weird thing is when i tryed to close my computer like.... 2 hours fter. it poped a ( from windows vista admin popups) "this driver might not have installed correctly" and than there was 2 options: Reinstall and the other one, This driver installed well. So i dont know... its not a 3 option popup when like it really didnt install well.. but besides that thing. everything went smooth. Also a thing to note is that when I installed, I went custom and removed the freaking WoW-10day-trial instal from the items to install (so basically it installed drivers and windows thingies). So maybe thats why(because of wowtrial)?

ofcourse i dont have CCC installed

Edited by Shuh, 20 September 2008 - 12:08 PM.