Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Submitter

File Information

• Submitted: May 28 2009 11:25 AM
  • Last Updated: Jul 12 2017 02:00 AM
  • File Size: 438KB
  • Views: 2611492
  • Downloads: 1,301,912

Download TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer

* * * * - 11 Votes
oldtimer

Screenshots

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder. It also cleans out the %systemroot%\temp folder and checks for .tmp files in the %systemdrive% root folder, %systemroot%, and the system32 folder (both 32bit and 64bit on 64bit OSs). It shows the amount removed for each location found (in bytes) and the total removed (in MB). Before running it will stop Explorer and all other running apps. When finished, if a reboot is required the user must reboot to finish clearing any in-use temp files.

TFC only cleans temp folders. TFC will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies. Depending on how often someone cleans their temp folders, their system hardware, and how many accounts are present, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or more. TFC will completely clear all temp files where other temp file cleaners may fail. TFC requires a reboot immediately after running. Be sure to save any unsaved work before running TFC.

Please note TFC is not suitable for use on Windows 8.1 or 10

Donation Information:
TFC is 100% free. However, it is the result of significant investments of time and effort by OldTimer. If you find his tools helpful, and would like to support his efforts, please consider a donation. Since you can't buy him a cup of coffee, simply click the Paypal button below:

Posted Image

how to download this to the desktop??? It seems to be something that i cannot have any input into where it is downloaded.
Please help
After you click save, you should be able to select the location to save it.
Photo
Christopher2405
Jul 30 2009 04:39 AM
When I ran this it cleared my Google Chrome Bookmarks - is this a bug, or is it just coincidence? Also, is there any way to prevent it from doing this (aside from backing up my Chrome profile)?
Thanks for reporting, that bug has been fixed.

After you click save, you should be able to select the location to save it.

Can I use TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer to clean up my temp files even if I am not instructed to by an expert.

I have Vista and XP systems.

Thanks
Yes, it's very easy to use, and effective. It will simply and completely clean your temporary file locations, where other temp file cleaners may fail. It doesn't change any settings, or modify other system locations. To ensure all temp files are removed, it will automatically close any open applications, and may force a reboot. Be sure to save any unsaved work before running.
Hi

What does this do differently or better than ATF cleaner, CCleaner or Clean up 4.0?

Thanks, Doug
By forcing a system to reboot (when needed), TFC is able to remove temp files where other cleaners fail. It's also very simple to use, no choices to confuse. While ATF will clean precache, and CCleaner offers to clean the registry, TFC is simply an effective temp file cleaner. Nothing else. Finally, TFC cleans the temp files of all major browsers, Internet Explorer, FireFox, Opera, Safari, and Chrome. I don't know of another temp cleaner as thorough.
If you have the computer setup with 5 admin user accounts, and all have selected their files to be private (other accounts cannot get to see them), will this still be able to clean all the temp files in the other 4 accounts ?
How long dose it take for system to reboot after running TFC? I have run TFC from my desktop several times and it seems to freeze on windows is shutting down. I have waited as long as 15 minuts. The only way I have found is to hit the button in the center of my Diminsion 4700. How long should I wait?

Other files you may be interested in ..

Random Files

2 user(s) are online (in the past 120 minutes)

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP