Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply

7ken

7ken

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi, I have a different BSOD problem from any that I have read in the forum. I have read all topics that pertain to the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, and have not seen one that is the same as mine. The only time I get the BSOD is when I am shutting down or restarting the pc, right after the "windows is shutting down" screen. The pc boots fine after I manually shut it down. I have not had any problems running programs or playing games. However I did have a problem when starting outlook express, it would not connect to server because of socket 110 error. I rebooted and everything is ok w/outlook express now. I have not installed any new hardware or software in quite some time.

Here is the stop error I receive:

***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x000000B0, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8050EEF5)

That's it, no file code or anything after the stop message other than the memory dump message.

Thx, Ken

Advertisements

7ken

7ken

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Well, it's been almost a week and I still haven't figured this problem out! I will attach the sys. event log and the mini dump file that were created. I tried using the "dumpchk.exe minixxxxxx-xx.dmp" but I can not find the "exception address" in the commmand prompt to be able to run the "pstat.exe." and find which driver is causing the problem (or device). Ooops, can't upload dump file, or event log. I downloaded Debugging tools for windows but I am really not sure how to use them.

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Troubleshooting a Stop 0x0000000A error in Windows XP

7ken

7ken

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thx for your reply Whiskeyman, I have been there and just about everywhere else it seems, lol, but nothing points me in the direction of an error only at shutdown or restart. I never get the BSOD until then, thx

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
I had the same error during shutdown/startup. I ended up downloading that patch, which caused many problems on some systems, that I had posted a warning about. The error never occurred until after the patch was released and I refused to install it, but finally did so and I have not received the error since.

This is the patch I refer to.

Windows Update KB929338 warning.

7ken

7ken

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Ok, that update had been installed almost a month ago and I have not had any problems till last week. My most recent save dump in event manager was a bug check 0x1000000a. Could that be a problem with my vid. card or driver? I have changed drivers several times, reinstalled 93.71 (nvidia), rolled back to 91.47, but still get BSOD at shutdown, never on startup. Thx

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
It's posssible that the graphics drivers are causing the issue. Do a search for the most stable version for your card. I visited severals graphics related forums befor I found stable drivers for my NVIDIA card.

See if this helps. I followed it to stop my graphics issues.

http://www.tweakguid.../NVFORCE_4.html

7ken

7ken

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have read over this article before, thank you. Do you think I should run driver verifier? I also have Norton Internet Security which I think there is a certain issue with running verifier with the anti virus. Not really sure how to run it. Thx again!

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
I don't know how it will react with Norton. I don't allow Symantec products on my PCs.

7ken

7ken

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
How about "debugging tools for windows"? Also if anyone else would like to help out it would be greatly appreciated. If there is someone who knows how to run the debugging tools, setting paths, running kernel mode to check vid drivers, etc...., please drop a line,

thx

Advertisements

PLANETAS

PLANETAS

• Pip
  • 2 posts
same problem in several machines. Until now, no solution. I think is a problem of Automatics Updates of windows

7ken

7ken

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thx for the reply PLANETAS! If you find a solution please let me know, I know microsoft isn't going to come up with a solution no matter how many error reports they get! lol If I find a solution I will post it here!

Edited by 7ken, 17 April 2007 - 03:41 PM.

dba

dba

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I hope this helps 7ken, I've also been having this same error for a week or so and I've just been able to fix it on my PC!

I let the BSOD produce a memory dump and then ran 'kd' from Debugging Tools for Windows on it with just the MEMDUMP file path as an argument. That then produced, in my case, a 'sys' file related to my Sony Handycam software as a possible problem. I assume that the file had become corrupted since the software has been on my system for over a year so I removed the program. However, before rebooting, I also ran a great free tool called tunexp.exe from DriverHeaven and selected the option to set Ultra-fast booting (rearrange boot files) since my boot-up had become increasingly slower after each successive BSOD.

My boot-up is now signifcantly faster thanks to tunexp.exe and the BSOD has dissapeared which I suspect was mainly due to the removal of the corrupted sys file.

Regards, dba

Purplejj

Purplejj

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Usually I get that error when there is some type of corruption in the program im using. I recommend reinstalling the program that caused the error.

Sjeb

Sjeb

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hello

I too have gotten the same stop error code. BSOD

[ IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ]
[ ***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x000000B0, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8050EEF5) ]

This only happens when I shut down or try a restart, then I have to manually shut down. I am really at a lost here and am not able to relate it to anything particular. As mentioned above everything starts back up okay after a manual shut down.

Any other thoughts on this.

Thanks, sjeb :whistling: