amd cpu problem
Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:15 PM
Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:03 PM
Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:53 AM
Posted 04 March 2006 - 01:52 PM
Can you tell me :
1. Which cpu are you currently using? The original duron or the replacement one? If its the replacement one, what is it?
2. When you power the system on, does anything happen at all? i.e do the fans spin, do you hear any beeps, do the keyboard lights flash once just after powering on?
Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:26 PM
Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:35 AM
Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:49 AM
Disconnect the power lead, then disconnect the power supply from the motherboard.
Discharge your static by touching a metal surface (or wear a static band)
Remove he heatsink/fan assembly, then remove the cpu.
Without touching the pins on the cpu, inspect them closely to make sure none are bent or missing (apart from the 2 corners where they are supposed to be missing).
Remove the thermal compound from the cpu & heatsink, reinstall cpu & apply fresh compound before replacing the heatsink/fan.
Remember, when inserting the cpu into the socket, it should just drop straight in. If you have to push it in at all, then one or more of the pins are not straight.
Let me know what happens.
Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:39 PM
Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:50 PM
Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:07 PM
1) Make sure you have the square 4 pin power connector plugged in (next to the main 20 pin ATX connector)
2) That the plastic jumper cap on jumper header JBAT1 (next to the silver battery) is covering pins 1-2.
3) There should be two jumper headers (J10 - 3 pin & J11 - 2 pin) on the board. Can you tell me what position the jumper cap is in for J10 & whether there is a jumper cap or no jumper cap on J11.
Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:13 PM
Edited by fernsy, 05 March 2006 - 04:30 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users