Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Making a photo from a windows media file

• Please log in to reply

jeffskywalker21

jeffskywalker21

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a few videos that friends / family have sent me in windows format. I use windows media player. Question is how can I get a photo from these videos? Like when I pause the video on a good shot is there anyway I can copy / edit to get a photo of that frame? Thanks!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You could see what movie maker 2 lets you do, (split frame), this is installed on XP SP2 but you may need to use search to locate the shortcut and send it to the desktop if you will need it often

Nero, Power DVD and Roxio will do it

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
A lot of times i use my Corel capture to take full screen shots and save them as jpg's. Corel capture comes with the corel Draw graphics suite. There are free screen capture programs you can use but i have not tried using any. What i like about corels capture program is that you can have a full screen movie paused and all you have to do is hit a hot key to capture it. I then open Photo-paint and paste it in from the clipboard and save it as i want.

Heres a free one. I havent tried using it.

http://www.wisdom-so...hunter_free.htm

SRX660