Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Place Volume Icon In The Taskbar

• Please log in to reply

g2teg

g2teg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi i have a similar problem with XP and the Volume Control is no longer working. I click sound and devices and try to place volume icon in the taskbar and it errors: windows cannot display on the task bar bec the Volume Control Program has not been installed. To Install Use/Remove programs from control panel.

That led me to accidently removing SoundMAX somehow. I downloaded SoundMAX and that did squat. I found sndvol32 on C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache and clicking it brings up the volume control panel. However, i can't get it to stay in the task bar via checking it in the device volume in the sound and devices. I've also lost the Battery Level Icon somehow. I hope someone can help fix these weird problems. I've also updated all windows things.

Advertisements

thesandman

thesandman

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I wish that I could, my computer came w/ windows already installed. I dont have a cd-rom for windows xp.

We have a few Dell machines at work. Although they come with windows installed, all of them came with a system restore disk, which should have the OS files on it. (Don't autorun the disk tho....), and also a separate Dell driver disk.