Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Will you upgrade Windows Vista?

• Please log in to reply

Sir Grand Funk

Sir Grand Funk

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I will.
Everything is free when you have internet access.
Except for food,
dang.

Edited by Sir Grand Funk, 30 May 2006 - 07:36 AM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts

Everything is free when you have internet access

No its not and if you get Vista in the non BETA for free off the internet its stolen, and we cannot condone or support that in any way, youll be lucky not to get a ban on this forum for talk like that.

yurimxpxman

yurimxpxman

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I'm not going to waste my time with a stolen version of M$ Office (why would I even bother)? But I'm going to keep my beta version of it.

I'm still iffy about upgrading to Vista. I don't like it very much right now.

[EDIT]
Besides mentioning that these guys work hard and we should pay them for their work, you can't forget about validation. You won't get many updates from M$ if you can't validate your OS. If you want a free OS, stick with Linux or the beta version of Vista Posted Image

Edited by yurimxpxman, 30 May 2006 - 10:36 PM.

Ammalgam

Ammalgam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Yuri,
Doesnt the beta of Vista expire at some point?

Ammalgam

Ammalgam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Yuri,
Doesnt the beta of Vista expire at some point?

yurimxpxman

yurimxpxman

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Not that I know of (as long as you've already activated, of course). It wouldn't be the final, clean, fast, polished version of Vista though.

Ammalgam

Ammalgam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Actually the idea of a free beta forever doesnt sound that bad to me..

lol

yurimxpxman

yurimxpxman

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
LOL ROFL

That's what I'm doing with Office 2007 =P

I'm not going to do that with Vista though because the beta is really crappy.

You may not be able to activate your beta after the final version comes out though, so I wouldn't count on the ability to reinstall your beta.

Edited by yurimxpxman, 31 May 2006 - 01:08 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You usually get a decent discount if you have been a beta user its considered more like an uprgade. They use it usually as a good way to get a customer base who know what they are talking about if they are going to reccomend it.

Ill probably get office2007 through my uni if i can.

yurimxpxman

yurimxpxman

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I just noticed your avatar's OS'. You said you've owned all of the versions of Windows, "Long live 3.1!" What about 3.0? =P

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
3.1 was my first windows OS of course im not THAT old.

yurimxpxman

yurimxpxman

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Why don't I ever hear of any versions before 3.0? I went straight from DOS to 3.11 :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I went from several non windows OS straight to 3.1 and DOS although prefered DOS-shell as my primary OS usually as i didnt have much in the way of net access it was all mostly gaming and mucking around and games worked better from DOS.

I would really love to get my hands on dos shell again, apparently vista is supposed to ship with its own new version of DOS for using ultra heavy load apps.

yurimxpxman

yurimxpxman

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
ah, yes. The good old days when I had to reboot into DOS to play Chex Quest lol.

I'm still curious though. Did a version of Windows earlier than 3.0 ever fabricate? If so, I've never heard of it. Like I said, I went from DOS to 3.11 For Workgroups.

I still have DOS on my laptop ROFL. I've got a 133 Mhz proc, 64MB RAM, 1GB HDD, and Win95, but it works great for writing poetry in notepad at night =P

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
There was earlier windows have you seen the advert for 1.0 its hilarious i cant find it now which is depressing twas very funny as they say.

I played all sorts on my first PC in DOS, i loved blood. and when it worked i was obsessed with Xwing(does that game EVER work on any OS) i loved xwing if they would only remake it. GTA was a favourite and the one with the little row of soldiers going through the city i liked that. Was way better than any of the consoles at the time even though by the time i got it the pc wasnt new and you needed to thump it to unstick the hard drive.

Ahh the good old days.