Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird problem – Please Help

• Please log in to reply

Ark2824

Ark2824

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My Dell 8400 computer is randomly deleting files. They are usually some or all of the files on my desktop, but it recently began deleting any file I save to My Documents and now other areas of the computer, even my start menu. I scanned and scanned for viruses with Norton System Works, but it has not found anything ever.

Now here is the weirdest part: We have two of these Dells in the office and after not being able to fix the problem, I switched and began using the other Dell. With this other computer I used the wireless network card from the first computer, transferred my Thunderbird email back file (which I scanned for viruses) and use the same network and access point. Other than that I was now using a totally different computer. Well, guess what. When I turned on the computer yesterday all the files on the desktop were gone. Today, even more files are gone. The only thing that was the same on the computers were my Thunderbird backup email and the same network card?!?! I am totally lost as to how to figure out what is going on here? Both computers keep deleting files almost randomly….I have no idea what’s going on?

Please Help

Thanks so much,

Noah

Advertisements