Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having trouble with wireless connection on new Vista laptop

• Please log in to reply

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
I recently (today) purchased a dv9225us HP notebook computer with Windows Vista x64, but I'm having some issues with the Broadcom wireless adapter.

The connection goes in and out for little known cause; in fact the router (d-link DI-624) is usually set at 50% transmit power and every wireless device in this house works perfectly, however this laptop is dropping the connection/can't find the connection even at 100% transmit power.

It's really funky, and their's so many possible problems I don't know where to start:

Windows Vista's new network stack?

Bad network drivers? (date on current drivers is 11/13/06 and I can't find any newer ones)

Some 64-bit Vista software problem?

Router's latest firmware upgrade is August 2006; before Vista even hit RTM so maybe there's something not agreeing between the two?

Bad settings? I did change a couple things in the driver's properties but most of the settings are beyond me anyway. pic attached.

It is a bit early to tell with Vista being so new and all especially with the 64-bit version... here's to hoping someone can help fix this problem...

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG

Edited by MNOB07, 18 February 2007 - 06:24 PM.

Advertisements