Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Wheyah did you pahk ya cah while theyah?

outside the bah

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I always pahk the cah next to the lickah lockah, cause the (insert curse) meetah wanted a dollah twenty five! Go RED SOX!!!!

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Could Fran or firidrvfiprd6 or just anybody from the land of oz explain to me how "Victor Bravo" relates to beer, it came up on a quiz I took and I am quite :) :) :) :) ;) :) :) over it.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Keith, I've never heard of it .... I checked an Aussie slang site and it wasn't there. However, am quite amazed I just got it! VB is a very popular brand of beer, especially in the state of Victoria (VB stands for Victoria Bitter) and Victor Bravo are the call signs for V and B. :) Geez, I must be a true blue, dinky di Aussie!

Edited by frantique, 19 October 2007 - 07:43 PM.

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Sheesh....and i thought americans came up with weird slang terms

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Have a look at some of these. Even I have a good chuckle when I read through and see some I've never heard of before :)

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Avagoyermug = someone is not trying hard enough in their sport, and you want them to (this is yelled to give them a bit of a push a long)

May your Chooks turn into emus and kick your outhouse down = I am not happy with you

Dag = the manure that hangs from the wool on the rear end of a sheep

my favorites so far :)

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
:) Funny ones.

We have our own slang but it's not quite as developed :)

*landlord is tired after sleeping from 6am to 1pm

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

*landlord is tired after sleeping from 6am to 1pm

Sounds like hard work! :)

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Yeah, well, if watching a lot of dumb movies and playing online games with friends counts :)

Advertisements

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Heard on the news today that 500,000 people have been evacuated from their homes in southern California due to raging fires and 1300 homes and business have been lost. This is such a tragedy and would be an horrific experience to live through. My thoughts go out to those affected.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Oh so that is what they were talking about at work. I don't watch the news we could be in WWIII and I would not know.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
I'm a bit like you, tuxmaster. I never watch TV news or read internet news and I only hear news if I'm in the car on the hour :) I figure if something important happens that I need to check out I'll hear about it one way or another and can then investigate further. Sometimes I'll drop into our local coffee house and read the paper while I sip coffee and chat to the locals.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
That's an interesting comment, tuxmaster. It's very rare for me to know something about what's going on. It's not that I don't care, but if ever you watch the news, it just depresses me. There are so many bad things happening around the world, so I try and focus on positive things. And it's not a case of "If I ignore it, it will go away". My wife and I sponsor a child in another country so she can go to school and have a uniform, something that's a given here in Australia.

I don't have a TV to begin with, so if I'm looking up news on the internet, I search for what interests me. That's what happened with the September 11 incident, I had no idea...

As for this incident, 500 000 people is huge! I can't imagine what would happen if I had to evacuate my home (what would I grab? My son and wife, a change of clothes, our photo albums, and my desktop tower - maybe the piano). My thoughts to these people also.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
*Thinks for a random topic thread the "TOPIC" is getting fairly serious*

I just read the basic Technology news. When I first hit the geekstogo page in the day I click on the web alert video if something interests me I read up on it, that and slashdot but I am starting to hit that infrequently too. I get the feeds of the "news" that is important to me in my Inbox I read it when I have time. As for world news something major like the fires in California this I usually hear though the grapevine.