Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

`Power

`Power

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I sprained my foot earlier :whistling:

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Well done! How did you manage to accomplish that feat?

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts

Well done! How did you manage to accomplish that feat?

So what stair did you trip on.

I was surprisingly able to go to sleep at 12:30 but I woke up at 4:30 due to how hot it was my ac will not turn off in my apartment.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts

I dont care what anyone thinks, VW are the safest vehicles out there. I have a story to prove it too :whistling:

do tell....

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

I got rid of it for a Jetta

my girlfriend has an 02 or 04 or something like that jetta wagon...i hate the thing...it drives ok...and it's peppy....but the buttons are all in the wrong place...and you can't turn off the headlights (which isn't the problem) but the germans apparantly couldn't figure out how to make the "dash lights" not require a switch....so your headlights are on...they turn off when the car turns off...but the dash lights...theres a knob...and if y ou don't turn them off when you get out...it beeps at you....stupid german engineering

.....plus...it's like driving a go-kart compared to my tacoma..

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
My Acura Integra RS drives like I go-kart I like driving in a go-kart.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
My favorite car ever was my sporty little 1990 red Acura Integra. I loved that car - put almost 100K miles on it. It really wasn't practical when I had kids, though, especially with it being a 2-door. I went the minivan route for a while - ugh. Never again.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
*dsenette imagines sari driving a minivan.....and laughs

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
With button placement aside :whistling: I got one for a couple reasons, I always heard that they were pretty safe, and pretty inexpensive for what you got. Well when I find out my ex was pregnant with my son, I said the Wrangler probably isnt the best vehicle. By NY state law you cannot put them in the back seat of a Wrangler, so trying to move that seat with a car seat so one of use could get in the back, exscuse me, so she could. 6'2" and 285lbs, Im not squeezing back there. Anyways I had my concerns about safety, at this time I was working during the day and doing school at night so I wasnt rollin in money but really wanted to try and get something better.

After working the dealerships I settled on an '03 Jetta GLI. Great car, well a couple months later, I pick up my wife at lunch time so we could go out and get something to eat. I yield onto a 2 lane road which is more like a 2 lane parking lot with all the traffic lights. Something happens on the other side of the road and whatever happened cause one guy to come across, so as I start to try and get out of the way, this woman in front of me guns it, I start to gun it, then she for no reason slams on the brakes, I couldnt stop in time bam tagged her rear bumper. Crap she starts to pull away so I pull over anyways then she stops. She doesnt want to call the cops or anything but Im like fine you leave, Im staying here and Im calling the cops.

State police show up, question her then question me, I told him, I dont know what her deal is but she cant be stopping in the middle of the road especially when there is crap coming towards us from the side. Well, he calls me back to his car and says my car insurance never kicked in or something, but either way DMV says I had a about 50 days without insurance at $8 / day fine. So he gives me this, you park your car in that parking lot, Ill drop you off at the DMV, pay the fine, get your registration in order and find someone to come take you to your car (I was prob about 600 yards from DMV). Of course I agree, and he says as soon as I dont see that car in that parking lot, Im coming to find you. If I run those plates again and this issue is not fixed, Im taking your car, giving you a ticket for not having a registration, which can lead to license revokation, and a ticket for this accident. I said fair enough and go take care of everything get it all settled go get my car later that night. During me fighting with the car and DMV my wife was concerned about being pregnant and made a doctors appointment for 9 am the next day. Wow, what a Monday.

So we get up Tuesday pile in the car which had no damage other than a scraped license plate, and start heading down to the hospital. There is a shortcut around the interstate that gets me there quicker so I take side roads. Now Im coming to a stop light, very wide and open stop light. Im about 10 feet behind a mini-van, and as we are sitting there, I look in my rear view and see a Mack truck screaming down the road towards me and not stopping. I had only enough time to grab the steering wheel with my left hand and grab my wife with my right and Im still watching the rear view and then BAM!!!! Now a little slow motion movie starts, we start flying forwards, but up at the same time, I remeber hitting the back of the minivan and they black tinted glass shattering and coming up over my car like black rain. But as we are flying we almost ricochet off to the side so when we landed we hit on the passenger side tires, then flopped back over on all 4 wheels. When the shock wears off, my wife is crying because she didnt know what happened and was scared, I unbuckle her seat belt then mine. Open my door and step out, go over to her side, get her out becuase the car was hissing and I was concerend about it blowing up. We walk over to the grass sit her down, I went and "showed" the driver of the Mack truck how I felt. Then when the cops came and I started looking at the car I was truly amazed. The police report said the Mack truck was traveling approximately 75 mph when he hit us, in a 45 mph. The car was launched about 165 feet from where we started. The car was amazing through all that the two front doors and the passenger side rear door still worked fine. We got hit so hard that the furthest thing sticking out the back of the car, was the rear tires, everything was pushed forward, but never moved the back seat, if you were sitting there, you would of felt it, but you wouldnt of been trapped. The engine was split in two and the front end was wrecked. Now as we are sitting there the same Trooper shows up looks at me and goes, wow, having a bad week? So he sits there, runs the plate numbers again and says glad you took care of that. I was like yea $400 well spent.

Come to find out through my insurance company we hit the van so hard we moved the unibody forward and they had to total it.

But when all was said and done, my wife had a bruise on her right arm from hitting the seat buckle hinge and I never had anything! Not a bruise not a scratch, not a sore muscle, nothing. It was truly amazing and I wonder if I had been in something different if the outcome would be the same. I kept getting Jettas after that until now I got a Trailblazer cause I cant deal with cars.

So thats my Jetta story.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
My car 2 door hatchback has over 220K on it. I am driving it tell it is dead. Or get married and have kids and need a larger car, whichever comes first.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
wow, does this mean that I can use this thread as a dump for my canned posts, great lets start with the usual

Time to use your "runbox" to clean your computer,
(all these steps are done with the run box then)

No, flea...this will NOT be your new dumping ground for canned speeches. :whistling:

Attached File  fleapost1.txt   1.73KB   150 downloads

Edited by wannabe1

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
perhaps your BSOD you will find amongst this list, eitherway best to turn off the auto reboot so that you get a clear picture of what we are dealing with.

Attached File  fleapost2.txt   41.96KB   224 downloads

Edited by wannabe1

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Um, looks good? Now everyone is going to find this thread so they can fix their BSOD's! :whistling:

bobmad

bobmad

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Um, looks good? Now everyone is going to find this thread so they can fix their BSOD's! laughing.gif

Interesting idea. Perhaps we should see if we can add more reasons for people to see this thread......

I'd love for this thread to appear in a LOT of Google searches...

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Not me I would find it rather anoying.

When searching in google there are a few things that drive me batty when doing tech support.

1.) Fourms with no answer to a post.(common I am googling for a fix not a list of pepole that had the problem) But that happens and is life.

2.) Useless information.