Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I have to admit tuxmaster, I would find it annoying also. I really hate searching and searching for an answer when all I can find is heaps of other people discussing the same problem but not a solution!

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
speeking of google searches when I search computer help free free Geekstogo is 3rd on the list.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
perhaps this thread could carry a warning:

Warning, posting here could turn you into a troll

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
A troll eh? That might scare off some of the silly buggers who waste our space and get banned... :whistling:

kh1+2

kh1+2

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
its my birthday today

yay me

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Happy birthday :whistling:

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Happy Birthday

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
So my of idea of posting our canned replies failed, my warning that this could quickly turn us into trolls was dismissed, but wait folks I have yet another idea, why don't we go to the malware removal forum here, and ask them to link up here with a spambot, just removing the contents from "have you seen my girlfriend" to something like "geekstogo is a wonderful site" and let it take over from there, why, because at the present rate the 2 millionth post is unlikely to happen anytime in our lifetimes, whereas this way both the number of posts and the number of members would increase putting us to the top of the charts in no time, what say you then?

Edited by fleamailman, 07 August 2007 - 02:07 PM.

bobmad

bobmad

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

my warning that this could quickly turn us into trolls was dismissed,

Never understood how your canned speech posts could turn us into trolls.... I think of trolls as those who post intentionally inflaming material in order to irritate and excite others. They seem intent on starting fights. Perhaps they believe what they post (scary thought) perhaps not...

for example a post on the GTG site that is anti-technology, anti-Microsoft, anti-open source or anti-geek would SEEM to be intended as an incitement to a fight and I would think of the poster as a troll.

Has the definition changed while I wasn't looking? or did I never truly Grok the definition?

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
The reason why he said it might turn us into trolls is becouse posting the canned fix could "polute" the google searches us techs do.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Perhaps a troll is a different thing in my part of the woods in that a troll I my meaning was someone who replied to each and any thread with whatever he or she felt like saying, so for example a troll would talk about the price of eggs while the original poster had asked for help on mending his system. Of course I am only joking on this thread and playing devil's advocate, but the idea that one could just relate whatever one wanted to just seemed so close to what a troll does that I hit upon posting that warning.

school report: fleamailman finds his homework on human relations challenging.

kimmad

kimmad

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
At 4ft 10in, I've been told that I am slightly taller than a troll.........
I feel pretty good about that since the only person in my house I am currently taller than is my 4 year old son....

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

At 4ft 10in, I've been told that I am slightly taller than a troll.........
I feel pretty good about that since the only person in my house I am currently taller than is my 4 year old son....

With all due respect, you are only clearing the booster seat law by 1" :whistling:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

school report: fleamailman finds his homework on human relations challenging.

Ooooh homework, now there's something I don't miss... :whistling:

bobmad

bobmad

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
4' 10"... we had a radio commercial that would say children under 4' 10" or under 12 years old need to be in a car seat in the back seat of the vehicle. I used to tease her that if she shrunk at all she wouldn't be allowed to drive. Cannot drive from the back seat....

Kim... BTW trolls are usually tall in myths... Right people?