Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kimmad

kimmad

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Geeks to FRo would be a dumb name.

Yeah and you'd probably having people freeking out thinking that it was an ethnic slam too. We are all equal opportunity geeks around here.

Advertisements

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
I don't want to sound rude, but please read my entire post, including the quoted part.
When you do you will see that I was only going along with fleas joke.

kimmad

kimmad

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I know....I was being sarcastic and joking much in the same way that Bobmad was........

It was a joke son!!!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

the rules,
- no asking whether mac or windows is better(non starter since we know linux is better still)
- no asking which distro is better(well kubuntu silly)
- no asking if n00bie will become mainstream with examples from that n00bie translator that I linked
- "no posting using third person", said the goblin who by now remembered why he avoided posting in offtopics
- no posting suggesting the geekstogo's malware section post a spambot to raise the numbers(sorry I couldn't resist)
- no posting your canned speches here for later reference(um, your answer is followed by the stuff on trolls)
- no posting to admin's "what do you think would improve this site" and suggesting fr replaces g in the site name
- anyway no posts, I mean non of this stuff because it all brings back happy memories, sigh, sniff, sniff,

but this joking apart, I am really grateful for this site, the stuff I have learned and the fun I have had, thank to everyone then,
sin., flea

Okay thanks for clearing that up fleamailman, seeing as you know all the rules, I vote for fleamailman to be an admin or mod. :whistling:

bobmad

bobmad

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
If a post isn't off topic enough we can get yelled at?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Normal what is Normal.

Noone has ever been able to define that for me.

I'm normal and nobody else is. You just wouldn't be able to work that out because you're abnormal :whistling:

If a post isn't off topic enough we can get yelled at?

Yelling is indicated by CAPS, so it was just a stern "quiet" word on the side, I think...

Edited by ruthandtroy, 10 August 2007 - 05:52 AM.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
flea is neither smart enough nor patient enough to be anything other than a contributing member here yet he never forgets the quote from lord Chesterfield letters that humour should be like the sun, it should be warm but should not burn so he would hate this site to have no leg pulling in offtopics but he would hate himself more if he had burned someone by it.

If anything the main problem flea faces is, if not his inability to spell and be understood, it is that of his finding it hard to not look at windows as the problem, and not look at the poster as someone, who should both have a backup and be able to reinstall, forced into protecting their systems at all costs because of window's restrictions on their licences, a long list of reasons then but simply all this he feels is a result of what he see and faces daily here, and somehow arguments like "they agreed to it so lump it" goes against the very reason why he helps people in the first place.

Now, having aired his views he will return quietly to hardware or wherever he can help as his vanity hates seeing "flea posts mostly in offtopics" which since a long while has not been the case though he still follows the posts here.

Edited by fleamailman, 10 August 2007 - 08:06 AM.

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
Time for some monty python humor. :blink::spam::help::spam::help::spam::spam:spammity spam!
Ok I admit it the only purpose of that post was to use that smiley several times :whistling:

Edited by Transience, 10 August 2007 - 01:21 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Aweful looking meat product? is it Treet? no it's SPAM.

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
awesome :whistling:.
*Transience wonders how dsenette found the file that fast....

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
canned speech for spam

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
:whistling:
saving that one to keynote as we speak

Edited by Transience, 10 August 2007 - 01:28 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
NO IT"S MINE!!! get your own!

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
sorry *deletes node*. Anyways I haven't seen any weather discussion in the last few pages, it's terrible here today. although it hasn't hit 90 degrees or 80% humidity 2 days in a row so I guess that's something to be thankful for

kimmad

kimmad

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
If I have generic spam, do I need a generic spam blocker?

*Kim asks while in deep thought gazing at a can of Walmart brand lunch meat*