How-to remove WinAntiSpyware 2007 (removal instructions)
WinAntiSpyware 2007 is a rogue anti-spyware application that uses scareware tactics. It gives the appearance of scanning and detecting spyware, and then attempts to deceive by presenting false, misleading scan results and/or pestering users into purchasing the program using intrusive, deceptive warnings.
Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop
- Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
- Click the Scan for Vundo button.
- Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
- You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
- Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
- When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
- Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log in a reply to this thread.
If the WinAntiSpyware infection is still present, please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a HiJackThis log in the Malware Removal Forum.
Have you've found the VundoFix removal tool useful? Please consider a donation to the author: Atribune.org.
WinAntiSpyware Alternate fix: (use only if the above fix didn't work)
1) Download VirtumundoBegone
2) Save VirtumundoBeGone.exe to your desktop.
3) Run VirtumundoBeGone.exe and follow the instructions. Do not worry if you see a BLUE SCREEN "Fatal Error" Message, this is normal and expected.
4) When it has finished, reboot.
It will create a log on your desktop called VBG.TXT, if the infection is still present, post this log and a HiJackThis log in the Malware Removal Forum.
Are you still having problems with WinAntiSpyware 2007, or other malware on your system? Please start a new topic in our Malware Removal Forum, after following these instructions.
WinAntiSpyware @ StopBadware.org | WinAntiSpyware @ Sunbelt Research