Windows XP Drivers for Gateway GM5472
Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:52 PM
Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:37 PM
Wannabe1, your last suggestion was to check it on restart. It has not changed.
I really appreciate your help from before--I apologize again for letting this drop for two weeks.
Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:46 PM
Aparently the AverMedia TV card is not backward compatible to XP. But someone wrote a driver for it, which is supposed to be available on the company site.
Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:22 PM
Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:38 PM
1. Save all the drivers you've located, then restore Vista, wiping out XP.
2. Install XP along side of Vista so you have a dual-boot setup and can move back and forth between the two.
Several advantages to this setup.
1. You can learn Vista at your leisure, maybe evaluate for your company.
2. You will have full use of all the hardware on the computer.
3. You can continue to work on XP drivers as needed.
If interested, see here for some help: http://apcmag.com/54...ng_vista_and_xp
Of course, if your company absolutely will not allow this then forget it. I know if I had a new Vista box this is what I'd do.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users