Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help: ImageMixer3 and Hitachi Camcorder

• Please log in to reply

Cannon

Cannon

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hey everyone.

PC: Dell
Camcorder: Hitachi DZ-HS300A

Last weekend, we bought a Digital Camcorder. It has MiniDVD and a built-in 8gb HD. It uses a USB 2.0 cable to transfer video from the built-in HD to the PC. It came with ImageMixer3.0 as its software. The camcorder is awesome and we love it.

Problem:

We can go through the entire process of capturing and editting the video from the camcorder. But when we go to save the video file, we get this error:
Posted Image

There are no further details on the error.

I have tried everything I can think of to overcome or bypass this. I have reinstalled several times, removed all codecs, run multiple virus programs, tried it on a whole other computer (same exact results), tried different USB ports, and even tried completely different software.

I have no problem using a different software as long as I can get the video off the camcorder. When I use Ulean VideoStudio 11 or MS Movie Maker, neither recognize the device to capture from. I am assuming this is b/c it's not connected with firewire like most are (and the camcorder doesn't even have firewire).

Any help would me greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Advertisements