Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gagp30kx.sys, crcdisk.sys, change bios from default = no boot, hard dr

• Please log in to reply

pp84

pp84

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,

Ive got a great one here. Ive spent so much time on this machine, i am not completly lost on what to do.

Basically i had a machine on windows xp, im not sure what happened but then when i booted it via safe mode it used to stop after gagp30kx.sys, so then i tried to update my bios which was unsucsseful, but then miraculously whilst using another harddrive in the computer ran, i was able to back up all the important information, i then took out the other hd and installed a fresh copy of vista all of which went smoothly i replugged in the other hd and put all the info back and installed office, it was perfect, i then changed some of the graphics options on the bios and hey presto problem is back, but now i cant get it to do anything.

Ive cleared the cmos, and only when i hit f2 (load defulats) will it continue to boot, if i for example hit f1 and go to bios and change nothing but save and exit then the problem will be back. When it happens the hd restarts, i know this becase of the noise it makes, so now if i hit f2 and get to the safemode option the computer will mostlikely stop at crcdisk.sys and i have waited for over 2 hours at this stage but i get nothing. im almost certain its not a hd problem, but something to do with the bios, so if any1 knows what i can do to change the bios. also, when i hit f2 what are those default values, ive tried to ruun optimal and fail safe via bios but still the same problem. Sorry for the long message

Any help would b appretiated

Thanks

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Read this thread.

http://www.geekstogo...ot-t119053.html

SRX660

geek of bee

geek of bee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had a horrible time hanging up on gagp30kx.sys and tried just about everything.

What fixed my system was changing my "VLINK DATA RATE" to 4X from 8X in my BIOS.

All is well now. My new video card GEFORCE 7300GT is working well with my KV2 Lite motherboard with Win Xp SP 3. Funny thing was that my Xandros (linux) had no issues with the 8X rate only XP.