Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Could the world end in nine days?

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Dehydrated Water Buckets huh....I dont have any of those. How soon can you get a pallet of them up to me in NY?

All they need to do is tell the public, that firing up the LHC will help us solve our "energy crisis" then people will throw money at it and not ask questions. Kinda how the manufacturing companies are gouging consumers with there "green" products, which are the same as the "non-green" product but double the cost.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

All they need to do is tell the public, that firing up the LHC will help us solve our "energy crisis" then people will throw money at it and not ask questions. Kinda how the manufacturing companies are gouging consumers with there "green" products, which are the same as the "non-green" product but double the cost.

:) :) :) Wait a minute, this is true!

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
:)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
hopefully none of those little black holes escape and get into someone's digestive tract...if they did then they might create a new disease....Large Hadron Colitis

nyuck nyuck nyuck

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

hopefully none of those little black holes escape and get into someone's digestive tract...if they did then they might create a new disease....Large Hadron Colitis

nyuck nyuck nyuck

AH HAHAHAHA :) :)

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

I did not know that you knew my ex-wives.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Plural exes? Wow, that is unfortunate. So are they black holes, or Large Hadron Colitis? I would imagine that your marriages felt like a black hole, given that they're ex-wives. :)

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
One Large Hadron Colitis, two black holes.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

revealing what happened when the universe came into existence 14 billion years ago.

Well this is certainly a debatable topic, the funniest question I ever heard asked was "Who said science could explain everything? What if it just was, just because?"

My hat off to the scientists of the world, of course, because of the hard work they do. But can they explain everything that happens?

I don't know the answer to the question, but I think it's fascinating to think about it. :)

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts

"Who said science could explain everything? What if it just was, just because?"

The phrase, "don't take things for granted" comes to mind. An attempt at an explanation is better than no explanation at all, I think.

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Has it been 9 days yet :)

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

revealing what happened when the universe came into existence 14 billion years ago.

Well this is certainly a debatable topic, the funniest question I ever heard asked was "Who said science could explain everything? What if it just was, just because?"

My hat off to the scientists of the world, of course, because of the hard work they do. But can they explain everything that happens?

I don't know the answer to the question, but I think it's fascinating to think about it. :)

That's why they're doing this. To know if they can. Right?
:)

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Has the Large Hadron Collider destroyed the world yet?

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

:):rofl::) :) :) :) :) :)

Did you just create that site? Or did you find it somewhere...?

Edited by jt1990, 09 September 2008 - 08:25 PM.

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

:):rofl::) :) :) :) :) :)

Did you just create that site? Or did you find it somewhere...?

:rolf: I had a good laugh. Thanks.