Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System And Registry Files

• Please log in to reply

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
What do you mean by "I restored my system back". Did you reinstall windows?

Your problem is very clear to me. I thought that you want to avoid reinstallation of XP that's why I suggested that you consider buying another camera. It's not a crazy idea. Many times it can be much cheaper and quicker then OS reinstallation. That's particularly true when you have lots of applications and hardware that you have to install latter. I didn't believe that Unlocker will remove the program but I was willing to give it a chance.

Some people will advise XP repair, a process which I avoid because very often it ends up with more problem then you started with.

Advertisements

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
No I only did a restore point to before I changed the settings in the Registry..sorry if it mislead you.

I really want to try to resolve this if possible.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Another tool that you can try is Windows Installer Cleanup. This can help you remove programs that were installed with Window Installer. A link in my list below.

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Well used the Windows Installer Cleaup Utility and it removed the program from Add & Remove but all the program files are all still on my system.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If the program was uninstalled then you can safely go yo c: > Programs and delete the program's folder from there. Don't go any further then that.

Now try to reinstall Logitech.

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Well I tried all that you asked me to do and the program installed but just got more error messages while installing.

1/Error 1704 MVision is currently supended,you must undo changes by that program to continue,do you want to undo changes.

I clicked yes and then got a second error.

2/Internal Error:2753 ModelFileHandler.exe 71CAC2EC_95B3_4F2B_B4E3_BEBF51BB30BO

I waited untill the program finished the install and rebooted.

When the computer restarted the program ask me to insert my cam to USB port,I did that and got another error,

Cannot Install,Data Invalid.

Just being curious I got my brother to install the Logitech sofware on his pc in case it was the software or cam,but all worked fine.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Have a look at this thread. In general, I think you will have better chance solving your problem through Logitec's forum and support.

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Yeah was looking at that probable solution,will give it a try and let you know how I get on.

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Well I tried everything in that link but to no avail,clean boot after I cleared everything.
Even went into the Registry and deleted everything to do with Logitech and still could not get the camera to install.

Even went as far to install my old software disc that came with the camera,it installed all the relevant software,drivers,rebooted and plugged in the camera to follow the install wizard.

Same error message as I plugged in the camera, (Cannot install hardware,Invalid Data)plugged it into 4 different usb ports but just got the same message.

Put in a different Webcam that I borrowed and got the same results.

Do you think it would have something to do with the hardware manager?? don't really know what that is except that it installs hardware.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts

Put in a different Webcam that I borrowed and got the same results.

Did you install the driver for the borrowed camera?

Advertisements

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hi,yes I installed the software and drivers for the other cam.

I don't know if this sheds any light on the problem but I get the same error message from the "Found New Hardware Wizard" when I tried to install a USB Flash drive.(An error occurred during the installation of the device,The data is invalid)

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If you have or if you can borrow an XP CD of the same version that you have unstalled please do the following: Insert the CD to the drive and click Exit when windows shows up. Click Start > Run. Type sfc /scannow and press Enter (please note the space in the command). Now a dialog box will open with a blue slider. Let the process run to the end. At the end the dialog box will just disappear without ant notice.

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Well I ran the sfc /scannow but each time a popup box appeared to insert the XP Cd or saying it was a different version.
It's XP Pro the same on my system so I just kept clicking on the retry button and just let the blue slider run to the end.

I don't know whether it has made any changes to my system.

I tried to install the USB Flash drive out of curiosity but still wouldn't install and get the same error message.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Yes, it happens quite often. It's not enough to have, say, "windows XP professional". The disk must include the same service pack that was installed on the computer in the first place.

Anyway, are all your problems with USB devices? If yes, go to device manager, click Universal Serial Bus Controller. Right click on each of the drivers shown in the list and uninstall it. Reboot and let windows reinstall the drivers afresh.

Please note: You will have to reinstall all your USB devices that need drivers to run (printer, camera, etc).

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Thank you for the speedy reply.Yes it seems my problem at the moment is installing Usb devices so will go a head and give this a try and get back to you on my progress.

Edited by Seamey. T, 03 October 2008 - 11:20 AM.