Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

• Please log in to reply

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
'twas -30F in my hometown this morning...Up north in my state they're supposed to be having windchills of -60F...Talk about January thaw... :)

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Im not sure what the number was for a temp this morning, but whatever it was, froze my clutch solid.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
4 degrees in Webster at my home (upstate NY/ Rochester). Supposed to be 18 -20 tomorrow. My Boy Scout troop is hosting a Cub Scout fun day tomorrow. About 40 people. This could get interesting. We will have a fire going, cooking in dutch ovens for lunch plus other activities. At least we our holding it within the town at our church. And we have access to the church for safety reasons.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

Hey, we hit -50*C yesterday. Want to trade? :)
James

Ouch..lol well Canada isn't that far away from me (20 min drive or less) so i'm sure we'll get the remnants of Canada's weather soon. I'd REALLY hate to see your heating bill. Yikes!

Our building codes are different, so the heating bills aren't to bad, then again, to bad for me probably isn't the same for you guys.

I live in Winnipeg, MB, just north of North Dakota. My city is about a 2 1/2 hour drive north from the border. We got the name Winterpeg for a reason :)
But yeah, our temps range from -50*C (-58*F) with the wind chill in the dead of winter to +50*C (122*F) with the humidex in the summer. I live in one of the harshest climates in the world and we have our brutal roads to prove it :)
James

Edited by james_8970, 16 January 2009 - 01:32 PM.

kharizmatik

kharizmatik

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
i can't wait for this arctic chill business to be over with.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
It was -1.4F at my house this morning. I know that seems like nothing compared to those people in upstate New York and Canada, but for Maryland it's extremely cold. I was out in a friend's hot tub last night and my hair froze.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

my hair froze.

:)

Your beautiful, long golden locks? I think you're gonna have to update your avatar... :)

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Well, it's an 8-minute walk from my friend's house to our bus stop. He took a shower in the morning and didn't dry his hair so well. By the time he got to the bus stop, his hair was frozen - literally crusted with white ice.

It DOES get that cold, Troy :)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

my hair froze.

:)

Your beautiful, long golden locks? I think you're gonna have to update your avatar... :)

It didn't fall off - it just froze!

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts

It didn't fall off - it just froze!

*BHowett brings sari a blond wig just in case :)

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
My hair is actually brown.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I know that... I remember form the christmas pictures, I was just trying to match you up with your avatar :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it's FINALLY snowing here...but it's not sticking because it's too warm....why couldn't it snow during the 3 or 4 days where it was 7 degrees? now if it gets cold tonight there's just going to be ice everywhere

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
oh you have to love the ice everywhere.... that makes for a fun ride to work in the morning.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

oh you have to love the ice everywhere.... that makes for a fun ride to work in the morning.

That's why I bus. Our roads get to be so bad in the winter and people drive like manics. At least I know I'll be the winner coming outside of any car accident. I've been in a bus twice this year that got hit by another car, it's amazing how strong the buses frames are. The bus won't have as much as a mark, the other vehicle on the other hand will be a write off.
James