Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computers infected in an internet cafe?

• Please log in to reply

MALwareFighter

MALwareFighter

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
Hi I went to an internet cafe yesterday and normally I used it to surf the web etc.However,when I use it,there is an error message saying that an unknown .dll is missing.However through research,I found out that the missing .dll file is an trojan and I found about some chinese hijacker files,a few trojans and some adware in it.I have told the owner about it and she does not seem to care about it.The same has been found on the other computers too.What should I do?

Edited by MALwareFighter, 08 January 2009 - 08:31 AM.

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Do you mean on the computers there at the cafe, or did it infect your laptop? Either way I doubt its done intentionally by the cafe, that would put them out of business pretty quick once the word got out. There is not really anything more you can do, you informed the owner so its their problem now.

its just like school computers, no matter how safe you try to keep them students/users will infect them.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP

its just like school computers, no matter how safe you try to keep them students/users will infect them.

Bite your tongue! My student computers are free from all forms of infection (except the students themselves).

RichAnd

RichAnd

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Bite your tongue! My student computers are free from all forms of infection (except the students themselves).

Hahahahah

I am a student at a Computer Academy and we still find ways to get on Google Images, Youtube, etc. :)

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Hahahahah

I am a student at a Computer Academy and we still find ways to get on Google Images, Youtube, etc. :)

At least you've learned something,how to bypass restrictions laid down by your Teachers!
I guess you think that's "Cool & Responsible"

RichAnd

RichAnd

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
only in america

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Not in the America I live in. You obviously haven't learned to respect authority.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
*Troy thinks ScHwErV should takeover the network at RichAnd's school... :)

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

ScHwErV Rules
:) :)

Edited by zorba the geek, 10 January 2009 - 08:05 AM.

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

*jt1990 agrees :)

dekusvamp

dekusvamp

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
To go on-topic again, there is a feature in the windows firewall (or atleast on mine), that is named "no exceptions". It could be useful if you're having a lot of exceptions, like me. It even recommends you to do it, when you are at public places.
You should always have a good firewall to protect you from all the threats on the internet.

Edited by dekusvamp, 04 February 2009 - 01:04 PM.