Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Y! messenger download issues:

• Please log in to reply

sagar13

sagar13

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
No matter what I try, I cannot get Yahoo! Messenger 9 or 8 (any version) to install onto my PC with Microsoft Windows XP SP3. Each and every time I try I get the same message "Yahoo Messenger install unsuccessful"

I have tried various methods of installation, including turning my anti-virus and firewall off, instead of using the supplied installation mode. I have run CCleaner in advance, cleaned my registry, and even defragmented my hard drive. I have tried deleting the Yahoo! Messenger folder from my programs directory, as well as removing any other Yahoo! related items on my computer. I have gone to the Adobe website and installed the latest version of the Flash player. I have even tried installing it while in Safe Mode.

I have also tried voodoo tactics such as trying to hold my mouth in the proper position, making a ward-evil sign, and even jumped up and down and spun around 3 times while singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

However i noticed one thing....when i download from a sub-installer that yahoo provides at its messenger website, the complete download of messenger does take place, however, during installation, it stops at 57%, and displays the message: INSTALL UNSUCCESSFUL.

But when i tried installing from a 15 MB direct installer, the installation stopped at 94% and i got the following error:

Posted Image

I was installing it from an administrator account already. I also created a new administrator account and ran the installer from that account, but i got the same error again as listed above in the pic.

Any idea as to why is the installer saying that i don't have administrative privileges although i am already using an administrator account? I don't encounter such error while downloading any other application/software.

Plz help me!!

Advertisements