Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MAC Filtering in 3Com super stack 4226T class switches

• Please log in to reply

Mobi

Mobi

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi guyz,

I wanted to know that whether the 3Com super stack 4226T class switches supports the feature of MAC filtering? I know that in CISCO switches this option is available but does the 3Com super stack 4226T switch also support this feature.

I need to implement a security control for restricting any unauthorized system specially the laptops to connect our LAN. For this I think MAC filtering can provide a good level of security control so in case if any user brings his/her own laptop and connects to the LAN the switch denies the access to the network and generate an event that will be forwarded to the Network Administrator.

Thank you

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I think your best bet would be to ring 3Com themselves, I'm sure one of the sales assistants would be more than happy to explore features of their products with you.