Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Ok. I will wait for your Memtest results. :)

Advertisements

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
So update ...i have done 4 passes on the 1 gb ram till now and 1 on the smaler too see how it goes , still have to do the rest

As i pulled the ram out I saw tose things below the ram socket ... bulged and i read somewhere that ,that could cause BSOD ... pls tell me that's not it (i don't know ho they are called )Posted Image
there are 4 of them ...

Also in bios the overclock is set to auto , is it good like that ??
http://www.techpower...es/b_ocmode.jpg

Also someone told me this:

"Power consumption depends on what you're doing. A marginal PSU may work fine for hours until you put it under load (e.g., gaming which pushes the CPU and GPU, and thus pulls more power). Of course that additional power consumption also causes more heat...

The WD HDD temp you show in the OP is way too high (50C).That's not good, especially assuming you took those readings when the system was nominally idle. If your cooling is marginal (which it appears to be, at least for the WD HDD), more power/heat when the system is under load could easily push the WD HDD above spec (max 55C operating)."

EDIT: And I have done the test from WD and it passed no bad sectors were found

Edited by geekCell, 07 June 2009 - 01:16 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Ok. The "toes thing" that you are referring to is called a heatsink. This itself cannot cause a BSOD, but a bad heatsink can lead to a CPU overheating, and that can cause a BSOD.

Do you have a topic opened here too: http://discuss.extre...1004435504.aspx ?

It is all right to have the BIOS overclock at Auto.

I just want to confirm this; is the BSOD code that you are getting 0x7a?

The WD HDD temp you show in the OP is way too high (50C)

This is true. Try cleaning out your case with a can of compressed air. The temp for a HDD should be around 30C - 45C. Anything higher, is not good, especially 50C when your computer is idle.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Ok. The "toes thing" that you are referring to is called a heatsink. This itself cannot cause a BSOD, but a bad heatsink can lead to a CPU overheating, and that can cause a BSOD.

Do you have a topic opened here too: http://discuss.extre...1004435504.aspx ?

It is all right to have the BIOS overclock at Auto.

I just want to confirm this; is the BSOD code that you are getting 0x7a?

The WD HDD temp you show in the OP is way too high (50C)

This is true. Try cleaning out your case with a can of compressed air. The temp for a HDD should be around 30C - 45C. Anything higher, is not good, especially 50C when your computer is idle.

I'm not referring to the heat sink , I'm talking about those little cylinder thingy's ...

These are all BSOD that i get :
0x1000009c MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
0x1000007A KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
0x1000007F

the first to kinda are dominant and sometimes no BSOD appear just restart ... , and of course something is shutting down and starts again so fast that its still in windows but starts to lag (don't know with of the hdd or if its the hdd)

My case in not that dusty ... but its kinda a tight space with the hdd's 2 slot's away and my video card reaching allmost to the hdd's .... ...

Edited by geekCell, 07 June 2009 - 06:22 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Have you run 7 passes of Memtest on each stick of RAM individually?

Those cylinders are capacitors, and those function with the internal circuitry of the motherboard.
Let me show you where I am getting these possibilities for your issue:
Machine check exceptions are frequently caused by one of the following conditions:

You are running the processor or mainboard beyond its specifications. For example, you are overclocking the processor or bus. We recommend that you run your hardware at the manufacturer-rated speeds.

Noisy power, overstressed power strips, outmatched power supplies and failing power supplies can destabilize your computer. Make sure that you have a stable, reliable power supply to your computer.

Extreme thermal conditions caused by the failure of cooling devices such as fans may damage your computer. Make sure that your cooling devices are all working.

You have damaged memory or memory that is not the correct type for your computer. If you recently changed the memory configuration, revert to the previous configuration to determine what is wrong. Make sure that you are using the correct memory for your computer.

Try running your computer with only one stick of RAM at a time. Then leave it on for a day, and do whatever can recreate a BSOD. Software tests like Memtest catch 99% of the errors, but this is the only real way to check for defective RAM.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Have you run 7 passes of Memtest on each stick of RAM individually?

Those cylinders are capacitors, and those function with the internal circuitry of the motherboard.
Let me show you where I am getting these possibilities for your issue:
Machine check exceptions are frequently caused by one of the following conditions:

You are running the processor or mainboard beyond its specifications. For example, you are overclocking the processor or bus. We recommend that you run your hardware at the manufacturer-rated speeds.

Noisy power, overstressed power strips, outmatched power supplies and failing power supplies can destabilize your computer. Make sure that you have a stable, reliable power supply to your computer.

Extreme thermal conditions caused by the failure of cooling devices such as fans may damage your computer. Make sure that your cooling devices are all working.

You have damaged memory or memory that is not the correct type for your computer. If you recently changed the memory configuration, revert to the previous configuration to determine what is wrong. Make sure that you are using the correct memory for your computer.

Try running your computer with only one stick of RAM at a time. Then leave it on for a day, and do whatever can recreate a BSOD. Software tests like Memtest catch 99% of the errors, but this is the only real way to check for defective RAM.

Just did the test 7 times for each ram individually , i don't think its the ram ... i tested them over and over...

Since this started after i purchased 1gb of ram and the video card and the ram are ok , and the video card is not related to the error code ... then its the power or overheating ??? :|

Or could this be incompatible ram ? Even tho the ram are Kingmax ... the difference is that 2 are old 1 is new :)

right now everest shows a temp of my hard of 48-49 and i'm not doing much , could temp go so high and abruptly in games that the hard fails ? and my video card is 52 ... but even when it was cooler it still bsod , i think

i think the key is that BSOD doesn't appear immediately after my pc is on , it appears after some time passes (4-8Hours) , and if after 4-8 hours if i shut it down and let it rest 1-2 hours BSOD doesn't appear again for some time . There were 1 or 2 exception were BSOD appear after i turned the pc on but that was once or twice (and i think it was when my pc "rested" a short period )

Edited by geekCell, 08 June 2009 - 04:02 AM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

and i think it was when my pc "rested" a short period

By rested it would mean cool down, according to my guesses.

Try running the computer with only one RAM module at a time, and see if the error comes up. RAM is the #1 cause of problems like yours, and I want to be 100% sure that your RAM isn't the issue here.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

and i think it was when my pc "rested" a short period

By rested it would mean cool down, according to my guesses.

Try running the computer with only one RAM module at a time, and see if the error comes up. RAM is the #1 cause of problems like yours, and I want to be 100% sure that your RAM isn't the issue here.

Remember that i told you :
""EDIT: BLUE SCREEN still appeared :| ,still 0x1000007A KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (at the bottom it said something like scrysors.sys ... , don't remember exactly what was before .sys) ""

Its SCSIPORT.sys and a bunch of other codes in () , i will try to run my comp with 1 ram at a time

EDIT: Now i did what you said and tested first the two 250mb ram together (playing a game)and it still BSOD me , and then i tested the 1gb of ram (playing a game)and after 30-40min ... no BSOD appeared ,but i'm not sure yet since i couldn't stay more because its morning already ... , but with the other sticks of ram it didn't take so long , I will have to see tomorrow how things will go . I really hope that this is the cause because its the easiest and cheapest problem but at my luck i still remain a pessimist

Question : Can all the BSOD appear from the ram ? I mean all these 09c, 07A ,07F appear because of faulty ram ?

Just felt I have to report :)

Edited by geekCell, 08 June 2009 - 09:06 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

and then i tested the 1gb of ram (playing a game)and after 30-40min ... no BSOD appeared

Try playing a graphics-intensive game for about 2 hours, and stress test the suspected "good" stick of RAM.

This BSOD has RAM as a very common cause, and software tests like Memtest catch RAM errors 99% of the time. Therefore, this test is a better indicator of RAM problems (can make sure the RAM is good 100% of the time)

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

and then i tested the 1gb of ram (playing a game)and after 30-40min ... no BSOD appeared

Try playing a graphics-intensive game for about 2 hours, and stress test the suspected "good" stick of RAM.

This BSOD has RAM as a very common cause, and software tests like Memtest catch RAM errors 99% of the time. Therefore, this test is a better indicator of RAM problems (can make sure the RAM is good 100% of the time)

Didn't manage to play for long today , i will tell you the results

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
All right. When you get the chance to play for a long time (1.5 to 2 hours) tell me if a BSOD pops up.
Hope that RAM is the problem here, it is the cheapest fix.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I need to play for more than that :)

Sadly i got a BSOD today , was ready to write that everything is fine and the ram was the reason but ... I got a BSOD ... (usually it didn't take this long ,that was weird .... )

o and it was 0x1000007A ....

Edited by geekCell, 12 June 2009 - 04:03 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
The RAM is good; but this is actually a bad thing, as we need to look deeper into this problem.
Make sure that the cables that connect the hard drive are plugged in well to the motherboard. Reseat RAM and any PCI, or other cards plugged into the motherboard. Make sure that all the contacts are clean, and use a can of compressed air to clean all the slots before you reinsert the cards and RAM.

Make sure you have the latest Service Pack. That is SP3.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

The RAM is good; but this is actually a bad thing, as we need to look deeper into this problem.
Make sure that the cables that connect the hard drive are plugged in well to the motherboard. Reseat RAM and any PCI, or other cards plugged into the motherboard. Make sure that all the contacts are clean, and use a can of compressed air to clean all the slots before you reinsert the cards and RAM.

Make sure you have the latest Service Pack. That is SP3.

I actually did reseat them all when i tested the ram but i will do it again ...
I don't have a can of compressed air and i don't know were to get one ...

I will instal service pack 3 but i had sp3 before i installed windows and didn't do much

NOte: it kinda takes longer before BSOD appears ... could the ram overheat? it does get hot and maybe being 3 ram one next to the other it gets faster and more hotter ???????

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Let me point out the possible issues here:
1. Motherboard is bad (this is unlikely)
2. Loose, defective cabling or a bad HDD controller (RAID or SCSI)
3. Malware (Viruses can cause the 0x7a bugcheck)
4. RAM (This is not a issue, we have confirmed it)
5. Hard Disk logical (since you have run chkdsk the filesystem looks all right)
6. Hard Disk physical (a physical problem such as a bad head or overheating)
7. PSU (There is no way to accurately test this without a multimeter; software voltages are not always correct)
8. I want you to try to disable memory caching or shadowing in your BIOS. Go to the setup, and disable those options. I don't know exactly which menus those options are in for you.

Please go to Start -> Run -> eventvwr
Look for errors at the time of the crashes and tell me what those errors are.

Also install SP3 and all the Windows Updates.

You can find compressed air at any computer or electronics store like Fry's Electronics or Best Buy.