Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need 2 find audio drivers for japan model toughbook

• Please log in to reply

shupe03a4

shupe03a4

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello, new member here.
I have a japaneese model toughbook, model# CF-W4JW8AXR.
recently got this computer from craigslist, and had no audio.
I have tried the US customer support, but they tell me I need the drivers from the japan site, but I can't figure out where to get the right sound driver. as i can't read anything on the japan site.
Please help.

Thanks for your time to help.
-Ryan

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go HERE and at the bottom of the page you will see a Orange button.
This is the download button for the sound driver. Click it and the file should download to your system. If you can save it to your desktop. This will allow you to burn the file to a cd or floppy so you will have it later in case you need it.
I translated the page to find the driver so it may not show correctly for you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 7 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

shupe03a4

shupe03a4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks For your effort to find the correct audio drivers, I downloaded the file and installed it and the dirvers worked
but still no sound from the computer, the audio drivers all say that the system is working properly, but no output from the speaker or from the headphone jack. before the drivers I would open a video file and get an error "Can't Play no audio installed" But now the file plays, no error but also no sound.
I am not really sure what to try next since the computer thinks all is okay.

I apologize on the slow responce, my only internet access is during my lunch break.

Thanks again for your help

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Check speaker connection to back of system
Check volume control in windows by doing the following:
Go to Start and The Run
Type in sndvol32.exe and press Enter
Make sure Master Volume is not muted and turned up
Check Cd Player volume is not muted and turned up