Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't get movie clip to play for editing

• Please log in to reply

BeckyH

BeckyH

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
:) ok here's the issue, bear in mind I know next to nothing...so please be kind

while in a recent church service a dvd was made for us of my husband preaching. it seems to be stored in 4 VOD files when I used windows explorer to view the files on the dvd
2 of the files will open for editing when imported, 2 will not however the entire dvd will play when inserted into the computer or dvd player.
I need the other two files to be able to open so I can edit bits and pieces from them as well... :)
Only movie program I have on the computer that I am aware of is Windows Movie Maker which I know is not the best but well you all know how money is...

How do I get these files to open for editing, or what do I need to do? as I said the other two open just fine, these two instead of playing once imported into movie maker only show a black screen as the little scroll bar is going across

I would love some advice and help on this...please????
Becky

Advertisements

BeckyH

BeckyH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
the problem is 2 of the files I CAN edit in moviemaker and 2 of them I cannot...that was the issue. Why would two of the VOB files open in moviemaker for editing and the other two would not?
The program you recommended is for converting online videos so they can be edited in moviemaker, I could not find anything on it that would allow me to use the video from our dvd
Thanks for trying