Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Did you know?

• Please log in to reply

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Did you know that there is no such thing as cold?

You can have lots of heat, even more heat, super-heat, mega-heat, unlimited heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat, but we don't have anything called 'cold'. We can hit down to 458 degrees below zero, which is no heat, but we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold; otherwise we would be able to go colder than the lowest -458 degrees. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy.. Absolute zero (-458 F) is the total absence of heat. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat we can measure in thermal units because heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, just the absence of it.'

Same with darkness!

Darkness is not something; it is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light, but if you have no light constantly you have nothing and it's called darkness? That's the meaning we use to define the word. In reality, darkness isn't. If it were, we would be able to make darkness darker.'

Compliments go to Einstein and a discussion had between himself and his Philosophy Professor!

I found that very interesting!

Advertisements

nirma1230

nirma1230

• Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you this is my first post in this forum, hope that i will enjoy here

DarkSchalie

DarkSchalie

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Did you know?, you can increase FPS in games by turning down your theme to Windows Classic or similar?

Amst3rDamag3

Amst3rDamag3

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
Right.. A serious one:

Did you know my former bank used Windows XP to operate their ATM's ???
And that a lot of other banks do as well ???

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Did you know that in 1975, based on the agitated behavior of cats, Haicheng, China was evacuated before a big earthquake hit - saving an estimated 150,000 lives!

DarkSchalie

DarkSchalie

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Right.. A serious one:

I'll add to this one.

Did you know ATM's with a keyboard (the ones here do); you can press CTRL+ALT+DEL and you can access task manager, and the desktop. I've tried it, almost got caught :P

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Right.. A serious one:

I'm a bit late, but yes. A Google Image search for "ATM BSOD" shows many screenshots people have taken when it has crashed.

http://www.google.co...iw=1920&bih=973

Cheers

P.S. Did you know there was such a thing as a whitesmith?
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Whitesmith

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Did you know that.......

John D. Rockefeller was not only the richest American who ever lived but also the richest human being in the history of the world with a net worth equivalent to $340 billion in 2012 dollars when he died in 1937.

A bit to go yet Gatesy ($67 billion) eh mate. :lol:

Loose change to Rockefeller.

anonionous

anonionous

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Did you know scientists are working on using a tree's own electricity to run sensors that will detect forest fires? Scientist draw electricity

WeAreVersailles

WeAreVersailles

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Bruce Lee could land a punch in around five hundredths of a second (0.05 second) from 3 feet away, and from 5 feet away it was around eight hundredths of a second (0.08 second).
  • Bruce Lee was able to jump 8 feet from a stand still (this was shown in pictures and his films such as the one where he kicked the lightbulb out). (Mind you he was only 5"7).
  • Lee could thrust his fingers through unopened cans of Coca-Cola. (This was when soft drinks cans were made of steel much thicker than today's aluminum cans).
  • 11% of people are left handed.
  • unless food is mixed with saliva you can't taste it.

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • 4,649 posts

•11% of people are left handed

I only know 2 people that are left handed.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Did you know that males have a higher percentage rate of being left-handed as opposed to females?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

•11% of people are left handed

I only know 2 people that are left handed.

Now you know three. :P

heartgrave

heartgrave

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
I heard a rumor about ATM pin numbers that where if you are being mugged at an ATM, you enter your pin backwards into the ATM. It will send a notification to the police. It will also give you the money but the police will arrive soon after. I don't know how true it is though. I have been very very tempted to try it.

The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache in a deck of cards

Months that start on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th

Albert Einstein never learned how to drive a car

New York was the first capital of the United States

Laughing from tickling is the result of a nervous reaction sent to the brain. The brain translates it into the feeling of bugs crawling on you in turn causing that reaction.

M&M's chocolate stands for the initials for its inventors Mars and Murrie

Coca-Cola originally contained cocaine

Apples are more effective at waking you up in the morning than coffee

A strawberry is the only fruit which seeds grow on the outside

The word 'testify' derived from a time when men were required to swear on their testicles

Every single possible 3 character .com domain has been registered

Your foot and your forearm are the same length

After Hawaii, New York is the state surrounded by the most water

Tennessee is bordered by 8 states: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina and Virginia - more than any other in the US

42% of men and women 25% don’t wash their hands after using a public toilet

A piece of paper cannot be folded more than 7 times

If you filled a matchbox with gold it could be flattened into a sheet the size of a tennis court

The Giant Pacific Octopus can squeeze its entire body through a hole the size of its beak

Wind doesn’t make a sound until it blows against an object

Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise

Every year the sun loses 360 million tons

Fleas can accelerate 50 times faster than a space shuttle

45% of Americans don't know that the sun is a star

All the planets in our solar system could fit inside Jupiter

It takes the same amount of force to bite through a carrot as it does to bite through your pinky.

Hot water freezes quicker than cold water

Mercury is the only metal that is liquid at room temperature

You burn more calories sleeping than watching TV

The Earth weighs 6,588,000,000,000,000,000 tons

You brain weights 2% of your body weight though uses 20% of all oxygen you breathe and 15% of the bodys blood supply

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Did you know that when a cat crosses in front of you in the U.K., Japan & Ireland, it's good luck, but in the U.S. & Canada, it's considered bad luck. (go figure!)

Due to this superstition, black cats are the hardest to find forever homes for, resulting in either euthanization, living in shelters for the rest of their lives (if shelters while take them), or left to fend for themselves on the streets living the life of a feral.