Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVIRA Rescue system won't run when "remove infected file"

• Please log in to reply

olbo

olbo

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi

Booted up computer to find that it wouldn't start (even in Safe Mode), an error would pop up with something, all I can remember is something like "lsass.exe...0c000000..."
then got a black screen with the pointer.

Googled around and a repair was suggested, did this via the recovery console cd and all went ok but after I still got the error.

Tried the Avira rescue CD, at first attempt it found: TR/Kates.C Trojan but didn't delete it cause "protocol malware records only" was selected
I don't think it finished the scan properly...
I reboot and this time tried to select "remove infected file" but once selected the screen froze and I can't do anything.

I found this :
http://www.geekstogo...ot-t256247.html
He says that after deleting TR/Kates.C, he could boot his computer.

What solutions do i have now? Should I try another rescue soft?

Tks in advance for your help

Oli

Advertisements

olbo

olbo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Ok
I found out that it was actually a glitch from the rescue tool (due to the resolution or version)

My question is now very simple for those who ever used this tool:
As this glitch happens when I click on "remove infected files"
Can I, instead, select: "Try to repair infected files et Rename files, if they cannot be removed"

Tks in advance for your comments.

Oli