Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrade to Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

hospitaldoctor

hospitaldoctor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

OK. O don't know how to explain it better, so I'll say one more time; last time...
To reinstall Vista, you need:
1. Vista DVD, or
2. Recovery DVDs, or
3. Recovery partition, or
4. Use created hard drive image.

i already completed the clean install and i deleted the D partition like I was told to do.... I have a Vista DVD from Dell
BUT can i create either 3 or 4?
can i create a recovery partition OR create a hard drive image? how? what do i do?
thank you

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
You can easily create number 4, a user-created hard drive image.

You will need to purchase a backup hard drive with enough free space to cover everything installed on your computer. To put it simply, make sure to purchase a backup hard drive that is the same size or larger than your computer's internal hard drive. If you don't know how big it is, your computer will tell you by opening My Computer, right-clicking on C: and selecting Properties. You will be presented with a lovely pie chart and the stats that show how large your hard drive is and how much space is being used.

Once you have a backup hard drive, go ahead and choose one of the programs Broni listed - I recommend Acronis True Image. Then you can work through with the program - Acronis has great help documentation - to setup a complete image of your internal hard drive and back it up onto the external hard drive.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
to save about 3000 or more posts on how do I do this (question)...go here and get Windows 7 For Dummies...BUY THE BOOK
you can also try LMGTFY ..here..

UncleMalware

UncleMalware

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Methinks someone was taking the pith in this thread!
:) :)

Still, it was an amusing read and also a lesson on patience.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I think, I hold the title of "The Most Patient Person"...LOL
Starjax and Troy lasted only for one reply each....hehehehe
Surely, happyrock had the best reply ever :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Actually there hasn't been a response from the OP yet since I posted. In my defense, your honour... :)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
LOL