Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio issue

• Please log in to reply

AdrianCC

AdrianCC

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I own a Windows Vista 32bit gaming PC from Alienware that I bought a little over two years ago. I just recently bought a Hava HD wireless so I could stream over the internet on the Justin TV website.

Now when I used the Hava PC Player, I can hear sound no problem out of my headset, so that is not my issue.

What my issue is is that I can't seem to record any sound other then through my headset microphone. I don't want to do it this way because the quality is horrible and I don't want people hearing everything that is going on in my home.

Things I did to try and get this work are:

I made sure I enabled the Stereo Mix and made it default, this did not work for me, I know because the little bar and did not bounce up and down when I played sounds and I could not hear a thing when I tried to stream.

I also tried other devices in the sounds panel and no luck.

I downloaded a program called Virtual Audio Cable.. This also did not work for me. I've ran out of ideas and I need help.

Oh and by the way, I have realtek HD audio and I updated my drivers yesterday.

Advertisements