How to fix Google Redirects

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

sproutnpookie

sproutnpookie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just wanted to thank you sooooo much. I followed your instructions after days of frustration and looking everywhere for a fix for this virus and alas Google is fixed!

Advertisements

movenpuck

movenpuck

• Pip
  • 1 posts
thank you so much Rorschach, just ran the TDSSKiller and worked like a charm. No redirects in the past hour, will post if they start up again. FYI AVG did not detect anything wrong when I ran a scan ??

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts

I just wanted to thank you sooooo much. I followed your instructions after days of frustration and looking everywhere for a fix for this virus and alas Google is fixed!

Pleased you had a successful outcome and thank you for the courtesy of informing us! :)

thank you so much Rorschach, just ran the TDSSKiller and worked like a charm. No redirects in the past hour, will post if they start up again. FYI AVG did not detect anything wrong when I ran a scan ??

Also pleased you had a successful outcome and thank you for the courtesy of informing us! :)

Regarding the scan with your installed Anti-Virus, if nothing detected then that is a positive sign in most instances. Some advice about any installed Anti-Virus software...

Most of the aforementioned(installed Anti-Virus) automatically check for updates and download/install if found(this will depend on how often the vendor actually updates the detection database I will further add), with every system reboot and or periodically if the machine is left running providing a internet connection is active.

I advise you also run a complete scan with such at least once per week.

--------------

The below is generic advice for all who may read this...

In the event still issues with your machine after following the advice in this tutorial:-

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

findmeharry

findmeharry

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you! The only simple way to do this, and oh my god... just... thank you.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The only simple way to do this, and oh my god... just... thank you.

You're welcome and thank you for the courtesy of infoming such. :)

morethanever

morethanever

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried these steps and nothing showed as being a virus when I ran TDS. Updated AdAware and it found a few things which I got rid of. I haven't had any Google redirects since then but Facebook keeps "liking" things without my permission. These have apparently been linked in my past experiences

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. :)

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

technicolorbri

technicolorbri

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I cant believe it. It worked! Thank you so much! :thumbsup:

blueblue

blueblue

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Hi, I get the redirect in IE, which I only use occasionally, not sure what to do. TDSSKiller didn't find a virus, thank goodness. I peeked at that registry backup link and looked for that program. If I read that right, it says it's for xp but I need Win7. I need to learn how to work with the registry and how to back it up anyway. After doing a little reading here, I'm beginning to understand it. :)

BSHI2012

BSHI2012

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Have a pretty good background with computers.

Trying to eliminate the google redirect virus on my windows 7 64 bit system.

Ran OTM according to the cleaner by copying and pasting (because I am a good girl & everyone said it worked for them):

:Files
ipconfig /flushdns /c
:Commands
[purity]
[resethosts]
[emptytemp]
[CREATERESTOREPOINT]
[EMPTYFLASH]
[Reboot]

My startup failed. 3 times now. I can't restart from the recovery console either. And it has been through startup repair 2 times now. I am going to have to re-install everything. I am really upset - I am in the middle of 4 classes - this is my senior year - and I need my system repaired now!

What happened and how do I restore it? And no, I can't paste anything to you - because it's on my system (laptop) - and I am using the main system in my house right now.

Advertisements

Lisa McNeill

Lisa McNeill

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok First of all I just want to say thank you so much for posting this. But it did not work and I believe I did everything correctly. TDSSKiller did not really find anything and the one item it did find would not let me cure it. So far everything else on my computer seems to be running properly. But I am afraid that may not last long as I have only had this virus for a couple of days. But I do heavily rely on google being a mom and college student lol. I have no idea what else to do but I can tell you that I am flat broke so I cannot afford a nice malware remover. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me! I am desperate. Also I am on windows 7 64-bit using IE 9

Edited by Lisa McNeill, 03 April 2012 - 09:17 PM.

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
@Lisa McNeill,

It seems like some further information is going to be required in order for us to assist you.

You're going to need to go to this forum here: Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the this thread.

Please also include the TDSSKiller log file that you have in your new thread. The log file can be found in your root directory usually the C:\ drive.

If you are unable to run and/or post the required logs, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

Best of Luck.

Warmest Regards,
SweetTech.

LadyKaotix

LadyKaotix

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just had to say THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!! From the bottom of my heart!! I was getting the BSOD for the last 2 days, I couldn't figure out what was going on because every time i would go online my Laptop would do the BSOD loop. I realized a bit later that it really was only happening after I opened firefox. I checked my history and saw that i was being redirected to pages i have never heard of or have seen before. i cleared my history, and
followed your instructions to the "T" and have been online now for 45 mins with no BSOD! TY TY TY SO MUCH!!

The only thing, is that just now when I checked my history i found a page i didn't go to.
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/LadyKaotix/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/qcdhsf72.default/extensions/%7B5e5ab302-7f65-44cd-8211-c1d4caaccea3%7D/chrome/CT2304157/content/tb/al/state.html

what is that? and please dont any one click on it, just in case its still something bad, I'm not even sure if it's ok to copy paste it here. What exactly is that?!

Ran tdskiller again and its showing only akami, which I believe is akami net session.

Now, I'll be checking through the forums to try to figure out how I got the virus to begin with!!

Edited by LadyKaotix, 22 April 2012 - 03:13 PM.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi LadyKaotix and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

You're welcome and thank you for the courtesy of informing such...

If you still have some concerns about your machines security my advice would be too...CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself(which you appear to have done so already). If you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

P!nkPortraait

P!nkPortraait

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Rorschach112 I love you so much right now I could kiss you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.