The problem you are having is a known issue according to Microsoft... LOOK HERE
Getting rid of it involves editing the registry. Always make a backup before editing the registry, which my instruction DO tell you to do.
To get rid of this message...
To resolve this behavior, delete the Microsoft.Outlookbackup.1 key in the registry:
1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
2. Locate the following key in the registry:
3. Select the Microsoft.Outlookbackup.1 key, and then click Delete on the Edit menu.
4. Quit Registry Editor.
Please refer to images below for help
- Click Windows Orb
- Click Run...
- Type or copy and paste Regedit
- Click OK
- The registry editor will open
- Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- Expand Software
- Expand Microsoft
- Expand Office
- Expand Outlook
- Expand Addins
- HIGHLIGHT ADDINS!!
- Click File
- Select Export
- Save as AddinsBackup (or a name you'll remember)
and save it to your Desktop (or somewhere you will remember)
- Now HIGHLIGHT Microsoft.outlookbackup.1 ONLY!!!
- Click Edit,
- Click Delete (YOU ONLY WANT TO DELETE WHAT IS HIGHLIGHTED, which is microsoft.outlookbackup.1
- Close out of the registry editor.
Open Outlook, problem solved? If not, a restart may be required
, then open Outlook. How is everything? As long as everything is ok (wait a couple days or more) you can delete the backupaddins folder we made... DO NOT DOUBLE CLICK IT... it will add the entry back into the registry.
Edited by Ferrari, 25 February 2010 - 10:50 PM.