Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wont boot from black screen

• Please log in to reply

judgementfrog

judgementfrog

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HI there many of you may have seen a similar thread to this but, let me assure you after extensive searching i cannot pin down an answer to my problem.

I have a dell laptop inspiron 1545, running windows 7. The last thing I did was donwload a file. After opening this file my computer immediately turned off. It did not shut down it just turned off. Now when i try to start it up it shows me the dell loading screen then immediately after that it stops at a black screen with a blinking cursor. Now bios know my harddrive is there in case you're curious. I tried using a recovery disk I made from a torrent online but when i set up the boot sequence to only boot from a disc, iget a no bootable devices error. Froom what i hear if i can just get a recovery disc to load i should be able to fix the problem but even that doenst work right now, Somebody please help me.

Advertisements

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi judgementfrog,

You try could burning the iso using imgburn. I found it to be effective in creating bootable CD on many occasion.

Download, and install ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/
  • Insert blank CD into your CD drive.
  • Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc
  • Click on Browse for a file... icon:

Posted Image

• Locate .iso file, and click Open button.
  • Click on ImgBurn green arrow to start burning bootable CD:

Posted Image

• Once the CD is created, boot from it. [/B]