Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is this any good?

• Please log in to reply

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Thank you sir!
I think for right now, I'll use a different cleaner. As I said earlier; before we started talking about using msconfig to disable start ups, I suspect MBAM is causing the problem.I don't want to disable MBAM as I'm being port scanned by the Chinese constantly. No I don't have any Virus or malware.
Thank you for your reply and your time. I really appreciate you!!

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I run MBAM (full-version) all the time as do many. Never experienced any issues with TFC.

If I were to wager a guess, Emsisoft is the likely culprit.

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

I run MBAM (full-version) all the time as do many. Never experienced any issues with TFC.

If I were to wager a guess, Emsisoft is the likely culprit.

You may very well be right sir. I have turned Online Armor off before running TFC and my PC still would not boot back on it's own. I know that's not like disabling it in start ups I really thank you for your reply's. I just don't like these hard power reboots. My drive doesn't like them either and I hear it complain every time i do a hard reboot. I have lost one drive because of power hits. I'm not ready just yet to lose another.
Thank you again for your help!!
PS I can live without TFC. Glad to hear you run MBAM in real time.

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Have you tried ATF? In some circumstances we have seen where TFC will not work but ATF will.

Hello sir.This is the only way I can show what I see when trying to compose a tutorial. I know this is off topic, but the only way I know to show you.
Thank you sir!!
[attachment=48770:ScreenShot00010.jpg]

[attachment=48771:ScreenShot00011.jpg]
As you can see I know how to attach screen shots. I'm not given that option in that forum where you write tutorials .
Hello sir! If you think my idea is good enough for a tutorial, why don't use use my idea and make it with the pictures and all the good stuff. I don't care if I'm not the author.I just want to help members where ever I can, so go ahead a make it look professional. I can't add screen shots in that forum.

Edited by garybear, 29 March 2011 - 06:34 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Not sure what it has to do with this topic, but good catch. No one has mentioned that before.

Fixed. :D

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Not sure what it has to do with this topic, but good catch. No one has mentioned that before.

Fixed. :D

Hello sir! It has nothing to do with this topic and can be deleted. rshaffer was trying to help me make a tutorial. This is the only way I knew to show him the problem. I tried to explain but he was not understanding me.
Maybe he will explain all this. He thought I didn't know how to attach screen shots and was trying very hard to help me. Please read all my posts in the tutorial forum and it will explain all this.
Thank you sir for the thumpsup.
I guess after rethinking all this I should have started a new thread. Old age slows me down some times and I don't always have my head on straight.

Edited by garybear, 29 March 2011 - 07:10 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
It was a permission issue. Members weren't allowed to upload in that forum. Which is what I corrected.

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

It was a permission issue. Members weren't allowed to upload in that forum. Which is what I corrected.

Thank you sir!
I will start working on my tutorial tomorrow. I figured that was the problem, I just didn't know how to explain it to rshaffer. He was seeing it different because he had permission to use the attachment.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sorry Admin there are two topics and things are getting melted together.

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Sorry Admin there are two topics and things are getting melted together.

It's my fault. I wasn't using my head. Please do what ever is needed to fix my screw up.
Thank you!!

Advertisements