Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Welcome to Geeks to Go!

• Please log in to reply

Johnboy0070

Johnboy0070

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

Just joined this site and think it is great.

I am 72 years old, but love computers.

I have fixed a few (for family and friends) mainly system files accidently deleted, or replacement of hard drives.

So believe me, you are never too old to learn.

Hope to make new friends on this site.

Regards,

John :wave:

Advertisements

arham ali

arham ali

• Pip
  • 1 posts

hellow guys my name is arham ali and my problem is that when i installed windows in my dell pc the windows partition is not shown and he said a required cd\dvd driver is missing

SANDSTER

SANDSTER

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Hey guys' and girls', I am a newbie. I am messing around with my laptop, just guessing,, so I figured, I better come and join in with you all....I am learning as I am reading so far...

HAPPY TGIF

Sandster

SANDSTER

SANDSTER

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Hey , its me again....My name is sandster, I am 68 y/o female, and love playing on  my computer , while doing the 4 remaining  soap opera 'spoilers' at several different boards.

SANDSTER

SANDSTER

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi,

Just joined this site and think it is great.

I am 72 years old, but love computers.

I have fixed a few (for family and friends) mainly system files accidently deleted, or replacement of hard drives.

So believe me, you are never too old to learn.

Hope to make new friends on this site.

Regards,

John :wave:

HI there...believe you me, we are never too old to learn. Im brand new here too...today.

Eve Uptown

Eve Uptown

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi johnboy0070! Nice meeting you. I'm 62 and brand new today -- having a tough time learning to navigate the site. Maybe we can help each other.
Best,
Eve

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Hello Eve.... and welcome.

I am a female in my 60s too, but have been around here a little while now - so if you need any help, just let me know. :)

Cheers,

Chris.

Yasar Ali

Yasar Ali

• Pip
  • 6 posts

On behalf of all of us on the Geeks to Go Team, we would like to say <script pagespeed_no_defer="" type="text/javascript">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?s=afceeae01dae8bb48a977562fc756289&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=298061&p=1988084&md5check=2d6db367d3298631503b4ae604b9dc2c&isRte=1,u_1KDYCiPz,true,true,sLthAYx91x0');//]]></script>

We offer free computer help for various tech related categories such as Malware Removal, Hardware and Software support, Web hosting and website design help, as well as discussion about new games, software, and tech related news. Geeks to Go is also a place to obtain answers from other people who offer their support and expertise on a completely volunteer basis. It's a fun place where you can meet others with similar interests, or just hang out and learn something new every day. It's all about sharing -- what you know, and what you want to know. The Staff here are very friendly, and if you need to contact us about anything, our doors are always open.

To get started, please Register if you have not done so already so you will be able to access and enjoy all of the features and information we have to offer and to receive help. If you need help registering, you can follow our Tour which will walk you through the easy steps and will help get you set up in no time.

Once you have registered, make sure you read our Terms of Use (TOU). It is very important that you read and understand these rules so that you will be able to enjoy your stay here. Also, if you need an Administrator or Moderator at any time, you can find a list here.

Now that you are an official member of Geeks to Go, and now that you have read our rules, you are ready to explore our site. Feel free to have a look around at our various tech forums such as our Virus, Spyware, Malware removal, Hardware/Software support, Operating Systems support, gaming reviews, and much more. These forums are here for you to post if you have any issues or problems that you would like help with. Post a topic in the appropriate forum so we can assist you in resolving your issue.

Think your computer may be infected? You can post in our Virus, Spyware, Malware removal forum so our Malware Experts can assist you in diagnosing and cleaning up your computer. To start, please read our Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide to learn how to receive help and what logs we will need from you so we can diagnose the problem more quickly and efficiently. We also offer Malware Removal Guides, that will show you the latest infections out there, what they do, and how you can remove them, and other How-To Guides.

Interested in learning how to fight malware? Please read our About Geek University – An Introduction to learn how you can sign up for our Geek University (GeekU) where you will learn from our dedicated Teachers how to remove malware.

To learn how to your computer may have gotten infected in the first place and how to better keep it protected please read these two tutorials:&&0

The forums offer endless possibilities and information for you to better understand technology in a technology driver world and we hope to empower you with the tools necessary to be able to better understand that technology. We are also here if you have technology issues and need assistance, and will gladly help you resolve them.
Please check out our other Site Orientation and FAQ tutorials to help you get more familiar with the site and its features:

On behalf of all of us, again I want to welcome everyone to Geeks to Go, and hope you have an enjoyable stay here.

Hi There,

I'm here New. I welcome to all newbies.

MarPet

MarPet

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Good afternoon,

I am new to this particular forum, I found a topic in my search for an error that led me here. If I am unable to correct this error I will be posting a more extensive post with attachments in another thread.

Thank you,

Lith636

Lith636

• Pip
  • 1 posts

2mx4h0l.png

Why is this your homepage? Does not seem welcoming at all.

This is on Chrome, the most popular internet browser in the world.

Also come to find out, forum users do not require email verify? 

Rather lenient password requirement? 

Why should I trust any of your "experts" with any of my logs?

Edited by Lith636, 05 February 2017 - 02:55 PM.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 21,248 posts
  • MVP

Lith636,

Thank you for bringing the home page to our attention. That is most certainly not what it is meant to look like, and it will be resolved shortly. 

I can assure you that all of our experts are extremely trustworthy and well-trained, and do not deserve to have their credibility questioned. In all the years I have been affiliated with this site, we have never had any of our staff members compromise the information of any our members, and we have helped many thousands of people during the history of this forum. 

volcanicxb

volcanicxb

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello to all. My name is Eddie and I ran across this site asking for help on my computer on a different board. The first person to reply is listed as a graduate from here and I thought I'd check it out, as I have a friend who has apparently been hacked somewhere between his phone, his network or his pc. I have McAfee LiveSafe on my phone and every time I entered his house it said his wi-fi was under attack. Whoever it is has hacked his PayPal account and ran up $800 in charges, which were caught after the first $300 purchase. He was forced to shut his acount down and close all his accounts linked to it. His phone started doing crazy things.....new apps showing up that he had not installed, locking up to the point where a factory reset was his only option, and just totally making a mess of his life and well being. After seeing all this first hand, I decided to learn more in the hopes of not only helping him, but securing my own personal information as well. I hope to learn as much as possible in order to help him and maybe someday be of assistance to others, as I've seen the toll it takes on someone when something such as this happens. So cheers to you all, and thanks for hosting a site where people can get help in times of need. Maybe I'll apply myself and one day be able to be of help to someone in need.

Lmater

Lmater

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Nice to meet you