Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to Hibernate?

• Please log in to reply

rc775

rc775

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
New install went good, but right now in update [bleep]. Wouldn't let me do repair, so having to install all from Intel etc.

Did notice as soon as i could ck, there was no Hibernate tab in screen saver, so got me worried all this for nothing?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What update or are you talking about all the normal updates?

rc775

rc775

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

What update or are you talking about all the normal updates?

Hibernate just showed up...finally!

All the MS and Intel board updates + all my extra programs, Lan, Realtec sound, sound card, etc. etc. I lost. Kept all the keys. Been an all dayer!

Had to install the old HD and erase the new one, then re-install the new one before it would boot from the cd, might be because of the cloned new HD acting up some how.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well now at least the hibernate has finally showed up. It would seem the clone was part of the problem. Now after all the updates let us know how it works. We will wait to call this resolved till you are happy with your system. I will keep monitoring for your updates. Great job on your part with all the hard work. :D

rc775

rc775

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Well now at least the hibernate has finally showed up. It would seem the clone was part of the problem. Now after all the updates let us know how it works. We will wait to call this resolved till you are happy with your system. I will keep monitoring for your updates. Great job on your part with all the hard work. :D

Thanks for the help.....I think it's goona work.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
All that for a hibernate button :D :D

But remember we did find some other weird stuff also.

Great job.

rc775

rc775

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

All that for a hibernate button :D :D

But remember we did find some other weird stuff also.

Great job.

HEHE.....I'm probably as bad as you guys when it comes to computer acting up, gets on my nerves! Kinda fun solving it, but I have got enough fun now to last me for awhile!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I have got enough fun now to last me for awhile!

Soon you will be acting like us.
:D :D :D :D :D

rc775

rc775

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

I have got enough fun now to last me for awhile!

Soon you will be acting like us.
:D :D :D :D :D

Hehe....if I knew what you guys do, I would stay on better terms with my PC. I'm kinda in a love/hate relationship with mine right now.