Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avast Antivirus Detected Java:Agent-KL [Expl]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
sorry that time eset nod32 said that is up date and running and i asked you to help me to remove it and i did not do that step... i asked you but i think you did not say anything so i thought that i do not need to do that.... so.... now how? i did not do that step... sorry i copy that from post 21... i was just wondering if cacaoweb is a rootkit sorry i did not do the post 23 because i thought that i do not need to do that...

Edited by donhealyou, 30 July 2011 - 05:03 AM.

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
No problem, it is not a rootkit but it is adware, and the registry entry was an orphan that needed clearing

Download a fresh copy of Combofix - run the CF script and then uninstall Combofix. Meanwhile how is the computer running ?

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
sorry for the late reply i was having dinner...My computer is slow but a bit faster than before i thought it was solve... i have a combofix.exe in my desktop should i run that( i did not delete it )

Edited by donhealyou, 30 July 2011 - 07:05 AM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Yes use that to run the script above

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
thanks my computer is much faster... and i wanted to tell you that the otl.exe i did not save it in my desktop ( i did not read it properly ) now it did not remove the otl.exe it is still in one of my folders( before that you said that it will remove otl.exe by itself )... so did the otl.exe remove all it stuff completely? because i still have the otl.exe in one of my folders...

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OTL will only remove itself and any other programmes we use if the are in the correct folders, if they are moved to other folders then they will not go. So just delete them manually

Then uninstall combofix and it will again remove itself and all other elements, plus reset your restore points

Uninstall ComboFix

Remove Combofix now that we're done with it.
  • Please press the Windows Key and R on your keyboard. This will bring up the Run... command.
  • Now copy/paste this: ComboFix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.

Posted Image

• Please follow the prompts to uninstall Combofix.
  • This will uninstall Combofix, delete its related folders and files, reset your clock settings, hide file extensions, hide the system/hidden files and resets System Restore again.
  • You will then recieve a message saying Combofix was uninstalled successfully once it's done uninstalling itself.

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
i done that already thanks... i just updated to windows xp service pack 3 but i can't update the microsoft office 2003 and other office related updates ... it said that PRO11.MSI not found click ok to retry or browse to that folder containing PRO11.MSI.. i use the search option to search but it can't be found... i changed my default c drive ( when install programs it will install this drive ) to d drive... because my c drive have very little space left... does this action will make the PRO11.MSI file missing?

Edited by donhealyou, 31 July 2011 - 06:32 AM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Try this and use Office to repair the file

Office 2003, Office XP, and Office 2000 provide the Detect and Repair command. You can find the Detect and Repair command on the Help menu of almost all Office programs. Using this command corrects identifiable problems such as missing files, corrupt files, registry omissions, or damaged registry entries. It replaces the .msi file if it was deleted, damaged, or is the wrong version. Using the Detect and Repair command usually requires you to provide the installation CD for the version of Office currently installed on your computer.

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
does this works without using the cd?

i can open microsoft word and microsoft powerpoint but when i double click microsoft office excel 2003 it start the installer and said that PRO11.MSI not found...

Edited by donhealyou, 31 July 2011 - 07:20 AM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Try the repair function first and see if that can cure it

Advertisements

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
i click on detect and repair it said gathering information then after that it came the same error when i update the security updates (PRO11.MSI not found)

Attached Files

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
It looks as though you will need the disc to continue with the update

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
ooo =( any ways to fix this without the disc? because the person who sold me the computer did not give me the office 2003 disc and it is already installed in my computer the day i bought it...

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Unfortunately there is no way to do that

Have you considered replacing it with Abiword or LibreOffice both are free

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
can this two programs open .doc files? microsoft word files? and after i install one of the two programs should i uninstall microsoft office? will my security be low because it has updates in microsoft.. sorry for bad english