Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sony vaio desktop, windows xp, unable to boot, 3 beeps, monitor not wo

• Please log in to reply

girlygenia

girlygenia

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hey everyone, thanks in advance for any useful advice. This is the family computer i'm always trying to keep alive even though it's outdated. I'll try to make this short and sweet.

Sony Viao running windows xp, my brothers ( 13 and 16) said that the monitor wasn't working. I disconnected all cables and re-connected them. However whne I turned on the computer the monitor would flash off and on at various times. Also would flash on if i manually turned the monitor off and on. So I unplugged everything and air sprayed the outside of the connectors and the inside (it was dusty). After I that I turned it back on and I got 3 beeps a long beep and 2 short ones, which i was told means a video problem. Now the computer will not boot the majority of the time and the monitor will not come on at all. What do I need to do to get it back working? Thanks a lot. :)

Advertisements