Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows must be activated

• Please log in to reply

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Yeah, sounds like it. Just download the drivers from there and save them somewhere safe until you format and then install them on the formatted system.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Could I ask if someone could provide me with the links to the drivers so I know for sure they are the correct ones and guide me as to which ones should be installed in which order, please? I know I should start with the chipset drivers as happyrock suggested but I would like to burn all drivers needed to disk before beginning.

Once I get this process going I don't want to find myself in a mess.

Thank you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
All drivers for the motherboard you have located HERE.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
These should be the drivers, for that motherboard an machine.

System Board first as listed below, really does not matter what order after that, although I'd install the Realtek network driver secound so you can connect to the internet.

Intel System Board Drivers
http://www.powerspec.../psdriver_a.exe

Video Intel Extreme Video Drivers
http://www.powerspec...psdriver_cc.exe

Sound Realtek Audio Drivers
http://www.powerspec...psdriver_ab.exe

Modem Aztech PCI Modem Drivers
http://www.powerspec.../psdriver_o.exe

LAN Realtek Network Drivers
http://www.powerspec.../psdriver_i.exe

See here http://www.powerspec...?selection=8980 <--------- Driver download page... that's where I got them from as listed above.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Another way is to use DriverMax to get the latest drivers for your system.

Download DriverMax and have it scan your system. It will open their website with all the out of date drivers you can update. With the free version you can update only 2 drivers per day so if you have a lot of them it will take a few days to get everything updated. I have been using it for about 4 months now and like it better then any other utility out there for keeping my drivers up to date.
If you want you can post screenshots of all the drivers in the list that need to be updated and I will suggest in what order to get them.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Great Idea. Could not think of that tool.

Thanks, rshaffer61.

Joe

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I have been using it for about 5 months plus and it is the only one I trust to get my updated drivers now. Even the manufacturers sites seem to be lagging in updating their lists for drivers lately. :whistling:

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hey! I just found the following folder on the C:\ drive!

C:\Powerspec\Drivers

Inside that folder I found the following sub-folders:

Audio
Lan
MB
Modem
Video
Version.txt

Can't I just copy and save that folder somehow?

As posted by rshaffer61:
Another way is to use DriverMax to get the latest drivers for your system.

I would first have to have the network driver installed to do download and accomplish that, right? (why does that sound like a stupid question? :lol: )

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep and if that folder is the actual drivers you should be able to install the LAN driver and get online then.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Wonder where that folder came from?????

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would check the date of creation of the drivers to make sure.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
I just copied and pasted the folder to a USB and inserted into my laptop to view the files within the folder. Looks kosher to me.

Below is an image of the Version.txt file from the folder. I have a feeling that what is in the text file is not what the actual versions are since it states Updated 09/11/2003.

Can I feel confidant that these drivers are up to date versions or should I make sure they are updated? I'm worried most about the network drivers.

@Zep516: I have no idea! I looked for a drivers folder the other day on C: though I never thought to look for a Powerspec folder. Found it while looking for the ERDNT folder to make sure I had a recent back up of the registry (which I don't). Was going to experiment a bit to see if I could fix the registry with SFC before I wiped the HD and performed a clean install and just want to make sure I have everything needed before I start tweaking on the registry to fix SFC that is not working. You know me! Always planning ahead to prevent the inevitable. Once I am done using it as a lab rat and get the clean install finished I then plan on experimenting with Macrium Reflect so I have a good backup image if ever needed. :whistling:

Attached Thumbnails

• drives txt.PNG

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
I made that folder probably years ago. I use to own the machine before giving to my friend DonnaB. Forgot how I did it, but it was a driver tool most likely like the one you mentioned rshaffer61. That machine was one of the most responsive machines I've ever used! I made it cause I never got a back up disk with the machine, the recovery disks were lost too.

Joe

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

I would check the date of creation of the drivers to make sure.

Ooops! Just saw that post. I better do that.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Going on what Zep stated the drivers are almost 9 years old. I would suspect there should be newer drivers on DriverMax for it.
If the internet is workign then just download, install and run DriverMax on that system.
If not i guess install the drivers from the folder and then use DriverMax to update them.